• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder not opening on M1 Mac - Freezing on AEXD.plugin

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new error because the encoder was opening fine an hour ago. I had a queue of items in Encoder, but not the file I was looking for. 

So I deleted the items in the queue and tried several times to take my composition from After Effects to AME. The composition wouldn't carry across, so I tried restarting AME. That's when it started hanging when the opening sequence reaches 'AEXD.plugin'

I've tried loading from the Applications folder as another thread suggested, with no luck. Any ideas?

Apple M1 MacBook Pro

Big Sur 11.4

Latest Adobe suite

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. 

Re-install Media Encoder, and make sure After Effects or your other applications are updated through Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blake,

We appreciate you writing in. 

Did you try the suggestions shared by the expert above?

If that does not work, then check out this article for reference: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Let us know if it brings any change. 

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Plus, when i can start rendering in AME, when the computer goes in screen protection mode, the render stops and get stuck to never restart again. I have to start all over again. It's impossible to work like this.
Macbook Pro max M1

Big Sur 11.4
Latest Adobe suite updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem. Wasted money for M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines