• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder/Premiere Export Failing, No Reason Given, No Error Report

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I hope someone is able to help me out because I am at the end of my rope with a project I'm working on.

I'm editing a short film, around 30 minutes in length, mainly shot in 6K in BRAW format, but mastered at 4K, interspersed with some iPhone footage, Dynamic Link AE comps, and Lumetri color applied to most clips.

I know render times aren't going to be great, but I have been unable to finish any export of the whole project no matter what I've tried. The render times will either balloon to days, or fluctuate wildly, but no matter what, exprorting direct from Premiere or through Media Encoder, the export will fail without reason after 30-60 minutes. In the AME Rendering Log, the only reason given is "Queue Stopped", even with no clicking or interactions from me. At a certain point in the project, which changes each time, Media Encoder just suddenly quits with no prompt to send an error report, stop or pause the queue, or anything else.

I'm on an Intel i9-9900K, an RTX 2080Ti, and have 64GB of RAM so I don't think the issue is my computer not being able to handle it, and performance inside of Premiere is great, same with timeline playback, but upon rendering I can barely make it through the first five minutes of the short before a crash. I've updated my drivers (and tried switching to the Studio Driver), cleared the cache, rendered previews in Premiere (works fine, just takes a while), and tried exporting to a different drive, so I'm a little frustrated to say the least, especially considering the only crash log I'm getting is "Queue Stopped" at the moment Media Encoder crashes.

I really appreciate any help you can give or any advice for me to try. Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a bunch more trial and error, I can successfully export the video in two parts, split at the scene that seems to always crash Media Encoder, and then mash/demux the two files together with FFMpeg, but the confusing part is that if the entire timeline is being exported, ME or Premiere's exporter crashes at around the same point in the video (about a third of the way through), but is completely fine exporting it if I start rendering at the beginning of the problematic scene and go to the end.

I don't know if this is a bug in the new version of Media Encoder or if it's just a fluke, but hopefully if anyone else is having this same problem, FFMpeg can be a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines