Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder queueing sequences from AE in reverse order

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Whenever I drag and drop a bunch of sequences I want to render from After Effects to the Media Encoder queue, they are queued in reverse order alphabetically - and it's a REALLY annoying issue for me. 

Imagine having sequences named "seq-001", "seq-002", let's say, up to "seq-999".. When dropped into media encoder, the first sequence queued to render will be 999, then 998, etc.. Now imagine you want to render them starting with 001, because the render takes a long time and you want to deliver the first clips as soon as possible.. you have to manually drag and sort a thousand sequences!

How does one fix this issue?

I'm on a Windows 11 computer using Adobe CC.

Thanks

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Thanks for sharing this. Interesting! It appears that we do use the order that you've selected the files but we then reverse it in Media Encoder's queue - see enclosed. 

Is that what you're seeing as well? 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. Interesting! It appears that we do use the order that you've selected the files but we then reverse it in Media Encoder's queue - see enclosed. 

Is that what you're seeing as well? 

Regards,

Fergus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the case 🙂

Now try selecting two folders, each containing comp1-5 🙂 Won't matter in which order you select them, they will always be reversed when added to media encoder queue, so even your suggested trick doesen't work unfortunately 😞

Seems to be a bug, I'm assuming quite easy to fix, I'm surprised that it flew under the radar so far..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a bug,

By @Tamir5EA5

Please post that here, where the Adobe engineers read all threads:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, in this case, there's no need. I'm the product manager for AME and the issue is now on my radar. 

Tamir, thanks for reporting this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under macOS 11.6 Big Sur running After Effects 18.4.1 and Media Encoder 15.4.1, using File > Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue or Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue results in the Comps showing up in AME in alphabetical order.  If drag and drop from the AE Project tab to the AME Queue tab is used, it results in reverse alphabetical order.

So, it only seems to affect drag and drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines