• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Render stops when running Photoshop alongside!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My specs:

- i9 9900k

- rtx 2080ti

-32 gb DDR4

- fresh Windows installation, all drivers up to date from official websites, no plugins installed

The problem. When using media encoder to render a premiere pro project, if I switch to Photoshop while the rendering is going, Media Encoder just freezes for some reason.

Usually I like to edit some images in Photoshop while Media Encoder is doing the rendering and this is the first time this ever happens to me. Is there any reason why? My hardware is more than capable and always has been in doing so, except now with the latest versions of the Creative Cloud.

Could someone please let me know why. It also freezes my entire PC when the program freezes and it's starting to become annoying. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? Any assistance? I'm one step away from asking for a refund for this garbage software. I can't even end task for Media Encoder for some reason despite ending the entire adobe process three and none of the solutions on the site work. The pirated version was literally miles away better.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A few more things I discovered

- doing a clean install following a clean uninstall with the Adobe uninstall tool did not help at all

- downgrading to version 14.0 also did not help and the render can still hang if I open Photoshop alongside

- opening any other program or doing anything alongside the render does not seem to cause any issue at all. Only Photoshop does, for some reason.

The temporary sollution would be to just not use Photoshop and let the program render, but that would be wasting time. I usually edit the photos during the downtime it takes for a video to render for efficiency, so that's out the window....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines