• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder rendering at 10% gpu?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am rendering an after effects project, using 3d layers (3d rotations), lights(ambient lights), and cameras (moving cameras)

exporting it to adobe media encorders takes about 2 hours for 00:01:15

i have this specs

i6700k

32gb ddr4

nvidia gtx970

now i have 2 questions

1) is it normal that media encoder is using only 10% of my cpu? does it mean video is rendered by gpu?

2) what do you suggest to speed up process? for example rendering in after effects as animation, than use media encoder to convert, would be faster? and, using just ambient lights, would benefit to deactivate them? aesthetics differences with or without ambient light are very little, having them could be good, but if it cuts rendering times by a lot, i could deactivate them in production didn't seem a so heavy project, had not problems with real time preview

thx a lot for answers, and sorry for not so good english

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what your project setup is, it is hard to answer.

- If you are using RayTraced Renderer, and have activated CUDA, then the GPU will be used for 3D, but if you are using the RayTraced Renderer and CUDA is not activated, Ae will be slow. The RayTraced Renderer is not optimised for CPU rendering.

- I you are using the Cinema 4D Renderer inside Ae, the the CPU will be used.

- If you are using a lot of time effects (motion blur, pixel motion) the CPU will be used but not as efficient.

- If you are using very compressed footage (example GoPro 4K h.264) the decompression can only be done on one core of the CPU.

Hope this helps.

Joost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your hard drive setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines