• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Stops Encoding with the New CS5.5

Explorer ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to CS5.5 a yesterday and having some issues encoding an 1 1/2 program for a DVD. The program doesn't seem to crash per se, just stops encoding. The task manager says it's running. I tried to encode the same sequence, but shorter and have the in and out points go through the part where it always stops and it worked fine. It's just when I try the entire sequence it stops. Anyone have any experience like this with CS5.5 just coming out?

Thank you,

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 259 Replies 259
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should be ok if you turn mercury render engine off.  It will be a lot slower, but should get through it I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nidia GTX 280 which is not supported.
I dont even get the choice to  enable GPU support.
It must be turned off by default..

Richard Fendelman:
I am not sure what you mean.

If you import stills via the menu and import, you can click on the first still in a folder and click on "continous file number" or so,

then all the still are being imported as one element, each still being 1 frame.
I contacted you via private message to not spam this topic here.

Message was edited by: staheph1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah if your gpu is not supported then the option to select gpu cuda rendering is not available. The thing is for a project like you have you really need to get a supported card. With a system with that low of specs, you may have a computer with a 5400 drive. Those two things alone right now are what's holding you back. Go ahead and get a GTX 570 off ebay for a couple hundred, you can use it in your next system when you upgrade too. The rest of your system should be fine if you don't do a lot of rendering, or just a couple times a year. If you're doing something like this for a living, making money, and you're rendering several hours a week, then I'd recommend getting a system with an i7 processor which is going to give you 4 more rendering cores, 8 more if you get the i7 970 or 980.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working off a SSD Drive, project data and everything is on there.

The slower cpu and no gpu support MUST NOT make the program

stop rendering, maybe go slower but not "freeze" like that.
I have a 7.3 Windowsrating (that doesn't say much I know), but at

least it should make PP run stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think PP running stable is a grey area. It has a lot to do with how much horsepower it takes to render some things and also could be related to other drivers in your system. I'd update windows, update pp if you haven't already, update your card's driver if you haven't decide to upgrade your card yet. Also if everything is running off of one SSD that might not be the best. You want your source and render folders to be on two different drives, that will help with bottlenecking of data. Also there are many different types of drives, setups, and drivers for your ssd drive even. I know some have trouble with trimming, which can also cause slow writes, which could intern cause PP to have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erlier on it was mentioned that working off an SSD might not be the best arrangement and that it depends on a various number of factor.

I somewhat agree and I am looking into buying a new Computer.

Does Adobe have an IDEAL arrangement of the workflow related to the hardware?

As an Example: Should the Sourcedate be on a quick drive like an SSD (but not the systems SSD) and the export be saved on a mass-storage drive? And what about the PP and AE files, where should they be saved?

What is saved and put where in order to make everything work under best circumstances?

System and Program Data

Source Data

Project Data

Export Data

Any other Data I don't know of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to off subject, but have you found a way to 'bulk' change the length of a group of stills without having to re-import them?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chime in, I'm encountering the dreaded AME stall when having it crunch a project from Premiere Pro 5.5.2. On a 2-pass encode it'll often get through the first pass, but stall at a random point in the 2nd pass. On a 1-pass encode it'll stall randomly as well. I just upgraded to a Quadro 2000 to see if that would fix the problem since the previous card I was using was not officially supported. Unfortunately it did not.

Here's the specs I'm running:

i7-2600 w/16gb DDR3 Memory

nVidia Quadro 2000

Windows 7 64-bit

The timeline uses a default AVCHD 720p60 preset and contains over an hour of material. The timeline primarily consists of mixed footage, often 1Mbps to 3Mbps MPG4s and MPG2s in 720p24, 720p30, 480i30, and 480p24. Exporting is being done in H.264 Blu-Ray format, NTSC, 1280x720, 59.94fps, Progressive, Main Profile, Level 4.1, Maximum Render Depth, Maximum Render Quality, VBR 2-Pass, 15Mbps Target Bitrate, 20Mbps maximum, Dolby Digital, TS Multiplexing.

Hopefully that info-dump can help track down the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2015 Sep 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same thing; A que of 16 video's stopped randomly after a few video's or sometimes in the middle of a rendering.

My work around helped me tonight to keep the que going!

My system:

Macbook Pro late 2013, i72,3 ghz, 16GB ram, Nvidia GT750M. Adobe Creative Cloud.

Project on external SSD 1TB USB3.0 , AME on internal drive of course. Turn on the que as you normal do. After that i used a random video on the external ssd, and let this play repeatly the whole night during the rendering. Why?

I had the feeling the disk went idle. Now the disk had to keep running. And voila!

In the morning the que was finished!

I hope it will work for you guys as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, the problem solved when I cancelled Adobe Updates.

Perhaps there was some kind of conflict when my workstation attempt to communicate with with two Adobe servers at the same (AM and Updater).

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines