• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder stuck on "Software Only"

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have been looking for reasons why media encoder is stuck on software only and could not find any up to date answers. Whenever I try to encode anything using H.264 I cannot change the setting. Its just locked to software only. I have a pretty beefy computer and it would help if I can use the hardware encoder option. My specs are: Ryzen 7 3700x overclocked to 4.2 GHz, Nvidia RTX 2080, 32gb RAM @ 3200Mhz. Before I switched to Adobe CC I was using Davinci Resolve 16. Encoding only took about 25 minutes for a 45 minute project rendered at 1080p 60fps. Using the same project in Premiere and media encoder it takes between 40-45 minutes. Anyone know if there are any workarounds, or is the hardware encoder only avaliable to intel processors? If it is an option to only intel processors can Adobe consider adding support for AMD Ryzen processors, newer generations are a lot better performers.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Feature request , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?