Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder uses only 4 Cores on my 32 core Workstation

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've a Windows 10 workstation with an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor.

Why Adobe Media Encoder is using just 4 Cores of my system for rendering a After Effects project?

Any ideas how I can use all my 32 cores for rendering?

Best regards

Chris

Freelance CG Artist & Tutor. Beside my daily work I'm publishing cg content, tutorials & digital products. Creating professional computer graphics since 1991.
TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same setup and i have exactly the same thing happening.  I'm converting an avi to mp4 and the CPU never goes above 4%.  

Kind regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The After Effects rendering pipeline has been undergoing a massive rewrite over the last couple years and the public beta now supports multi-frame rendering as well as a host of other incredible speed improvements, such as Speculative Preview. The public beta of Adobe Media Encoder now also supports multi-frame rendering of your .aeps, so you can give those versions a whirl.

You can install the public betas from the left side ("Beta Apps" category) of the Creative Cloud Desktop app. These can be installed alonside the public versions without causing any issues since they get their own sets of preferences. For the most part you can even go back and forth with your project from public release to beta, so if you want, you can work on your project in AE 2021 and then render in AE Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines