• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder (v14.3) crash at launch

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for this spiuffy update. But sadly it is broken. It won't open. And crashes instantly. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled and get the exact same issue. Really annoying.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process:               Adobe Media Encoder 2020 [689]
Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder 2020/Adobe Media Encoder 2020.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Media Encoder 2020
Identifier:            com.adobe.ame.application.14
Version:               14.3 (14.3)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Adobe Media Encoder 2020 [689]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-06-18 11:58:28.210 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.5 (19F101)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     4.5 (17P5300)
Anonymous UUID:        DD8F69AF-5A9C-AFD4-7864-0F2229FEB97C

Time Awake Since Boot: 55 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        38

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [689]

Application Specific Information:
-[NSOpenGLContext setView:] must be called from the main thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved the conversation to a new thread to continue troubleshooting the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the poor experience. Please navigate to Users/<username>/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder & rename the folder named 14.0 to old14.0. Launch Media Encoder again and check if it's working properly. Renaming the 14.0 folder would recreate the default set of preferences for the app. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after uninstalling the app and removing the preferences for it entirely. Thenreinstalling firstly the most uptodate version with no improvement and crash instantly. I then uninstalled and installed the last stable version. That works fine. So now i've just updated again. Tried to run - and got the same crash report. Did what you suggested, and the exact same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've also submitted 3 crash reports over the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would appreciate help with this. As you can surely understand, this is something which shouldn't be happening, but also I don't have the luxury of going back and forth between versions in a working environment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. I checked the crash logs submitted from your end and it seems like an issue caused due to a third party plugin (Boris3D). Please try uninstalling the third-party plugin and check if it's working properly. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boris 3D is part of Boris a complete. So I can't just remove one bit of it. But more importantly why would this affect the new version. And every other version apart from the new one? That doesn't make sense. And why is encoder loading plugins from after effects anyway? And also how is that a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand your concern. I can report this to the team. But usually, the plugin compatibility with different versions is tested by the plugin manufacturer. You may check if there are any updated versions of these plugins available from the manufacturer's website. If so, try updating them and check it helps. Also, these plugins are loaded as they might be required by the Render Engine in case they are used in a project which is going to be rendered.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've reported this to the engineering team. We're trying to diagnose the issue. Could you please confirm if Premiere Pro (v14.3) is also crashing at launch with the Boris plugins? 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.  Premiere does not crash when opening, however, it does crash when I close it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here : Encoder crashes at launch but premiere is working just fine.

I also have the BCC (Boris Continuum Complete) plugin v10.

I can't beleive a minor Adobe update is crashing comtability... 😞

Thanks for helping us on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the v14.3.1 hoping for some magical solution but no, still the same crash at launch! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue that shouldnt be happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem. Adobe Encoder definitely conflicts with Boris Continuum plugins. Deleting the Continuum folder in MediaCore solves it but that's not a solution obviously. I have the latest version of both Boris plugins (13.5.1) and encoder (14.3). Earlier 2020 Encoder versions do not work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing new here. I am considering to upgrade ma BCC licence for the 2020.5 but it is a $800 move to fix something that was working just fine before Adobe pushed the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, was able to isolate these parts of the suite to get Media Encoder working:

BCCExtrudedEPS.bundle

BCCExtrudedSpline.bundle

BCCExtrudedText.bundle

BCCTitleStudio.bundle

BCCTypeOnText.bundle

As you can see the bug seems to relate to text or vector data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced thesame problem, the media encoder crash after the instalation of new version. I use to work on Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Animate, Indesign, no problem until the instalattion of new versions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Was this ever solved?

Media Encoder (14.6) crashes on start up. I have Boris BCC installed but I can't uninstall as I need it for the projects I'm working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Adobe Media Encoder crashes and says: "AME has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue."

Very annoying! What can we do? I don't have plugins..  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines