Media Encoder v22.2 Export Settings Inaccessible - Application Freezes when Closing.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out that in Media Encoder v22.2 (when sending a project from Premiere Pro v22.1.2) I can't access the Export Settings to change the Format and Preset. Also, the Format name shows in blu but the Preset name doesn't show at all. The Format and Preset dropdown selections do work, they show the list of names but I can't select a different Format or Preset, so they don't do anything when clicking the names in the dropdowns. One more thing I found out was that when trying to quit the application it freezes while quitting, so I have to force quit it.

I tried clearing all the caches, I looked around for some settings that might have been set wrong, tried restarting Premiere Pro, I tried several times to Restart and Shut Down the computer, but unfortunately nothing really helped. It was confusing because earlier in the day I was using it without any problems, and the next thing I know the application wasn't working correctly anymore.

I had to get exports out somehow because my workflow is creating weekly broadcasts so the job has to get done and sent out to tv stations nationwide. I had to uninstall Media Encoder v22.2 because it's just not working for me, and I instead installed Media Encoder v22.0 and this version is working as normal, so thank's for giving access to previous versions as well, that has been a saver fo rme today. Don't know what might be wrong with v22.2 and I hope it gets resolved.

My system is:
Mac Pro 2019 with macOS Big Sur Version 11.6
Processor 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W
Memory 224 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32 GB

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Formats , Freeze or hang , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?