• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder won't/barely uses Nvidia GPU for exporting HEVC to JPG

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was exporting this project, it is a 1.5 min 8k 60fps HEVC video, it just has some cuts and some basic Lumetri Color, and it was being exported to 100% quality JPG

At first, it was estimating ~ 23+ hours and when I checked CPU/GPU usage it was using basically 0% CPU and 100% GPU, but it was using the Integrated Intel GPU and not the more powerful Nvidia GPU. So I disabled the integrated Intel GPU using Device Manager (and it did work, after a restart, there is only one GPU in task manager which is GPU 0 - Nvidia) and I tried exporting again, and while it is faster and estimation says 13+ hours remaining, but it seems to barely use any CPU/GPU, The CPU was staying at 40-60% and sometimes spikes to 100% for like a split second, and the GPU was barely hitting 10% and was mostly staying at 0%. To me, this looks like some kind of bottleneck issue, but I don't really see what is bottlenecking the process, the CPU only has ~50% usage, The gpu has 0-10% usage and its also reading and writing to a fast NVME SSD...

Could it be the ram? It always maxes out at 12.25gb usage but usually stays at around 8gb of ram, but I feel like that shouldn't be bottlenecking this too hard? or maybe I'm wrong?

I was never expecting 10-30 minutes export times, I was expecting maybe a couple of hours like 3-5 hours, but 13 hours is just way too long for a 1.5 minute video... 

Heres my Laptop Specification:

• Intel Core i5-8300H (Doesn't seem to be throttling even though it's at around 90C )
  • Intel Graphics 630 (Disabled through devmgmt because it's not as powerful and made the export slower)
  • Nvidia GTX 1050 4gb (non-TI, supports 8k HEVC Encoding and Decoding according to Nvidia)
  • 16GB DDR4 2667MHz Sodimm RAM
  • WD_BLACK 512GB NVME SSD

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was experiencing the same issue.. After extreme troubleshooting and various Nvidia driver versions I narrowed it down to using LUT's with any Creative Look applied. (no issues when only making adjustments)  I reverted back to using 14.3.1 version of Media Encoder and Premiere Pro and I can export video with LUT's. using Creative Looks and GPU is being utilized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines