• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Won't Connect to AE via Dynamic Link

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seriously at my wit's end with Adobe. Every time any of this software gets updated, some critical function stops working. 

Now I cannot get After Effects to export my animation to Media Encoder. I need this video NOW for a social media post, and here I am watching AME crash over and over again. What gives??

This is exactly why I stopped paying for my personal Adobe account. At least with the account my job pays for, it isn't my money going to waste on this useless software. 

Fix this, Adobe. 

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

For what it's worth, I add Comps to Media Encoder daily and most of the time it works as expected.

As a workaround, have you tried adding the Comp to the Render Queue?  Assuming that renders as expected, you can add that file to Media Queue to create the file you need for posting.  When doing this, I like to use custom QuickTime set to Apple ProRes 422 LT.  Of course, the defaults Best Settings / Lossless will work fine.

Do you happen to have a firewall configured?  That's known to interfere with Dynamic Link.

It's a little hard to offer more troubleshooting suggestions without more details.  

It may be worth reaching out to Adobe support for assistance in making sure that your software is installed correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines