I'm on a PC running Windows 7. Up until 3 days ago I was working with After Effects and Media Encoder just fine. Now Media Encoder won't launch for anything. I've already tried the following:
1. Deleting the contents of the temp file
2. Updating Media Encoder through CC
3. Uninstalling AME and CC apps
4. Running the CC Cleaner tool
5. Tried deleting the SLCache file mentioned in other posts. Nada.
6. Created a batch file to delete that file and open AME, nothing.
I should also mention that I do not even get an error message. I tried watching the Task Manager and Process for AME to show up, but nothing ever fires.
I'm all out of ideas. I have a bunch of videos that are stupid AVIs that I gotta get encoded to mp4s. I've search these forums and people all have this issue? What's the deal? Are there other programs available that can do this?
My PC Specs:
Dell Precision 7510
Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
64GB Storage free
Intel Core i7
Nvidia Quadro M1000M
Just a shot in the dark:
I wonder of there might have been a firewall or antivirus update that is blocking AME?
Well I can't say for certain that it's NOT that, but given the nature that my other Creative Cloud apps are working fine, I wouldn't nail this to that.