I'm editing on an iMac, and I want to render my projects with Media Encoder on a different machine. I have everything set up and working as it should with watch folders on a shared server, but I'm having an issue that I don't understand. Here are the specs.
Machine #1 (editing machine)
iMac running Mojave
Premiere Pro 13.0.2
Media Encoder 13.0.2
Machine #2 (server and export)
Promax Server running Windows Server 2016 Standard
Media Encoder 14.0
All my footage, project files, and resources are kept on, and accessed from, the Promax Server. All editing is being done on the iMac.
When I drag the Premiere Pro Project file into media encoder on the iMac, everything links up and works as it should.
But, if I drag the same Premiere Pro Project file into the media encoder on the Promax Server (windows machine), it gives me warning that all files are listed as 'Offline', even though all the footage and resources are physically on that same machine.
I've done a workaround by opening the premiere-pro project on the Promax to re-link all the footage, but that takes time.
The reason to encode on a different machine is so I can save time, and not use up all the processing power on my iMac during export and transcoding.
I've noticed when opening Premiere projects created on a Mac, on a Windows machine, media often times show as unlinked. Looking at the relink panel, I noticed all the blackslashes and forward slashes were reversed. Windows uses "\" while Macs use "/". The only fix I've found is the one you're currently doing: relinking on the OS you want to render on.
I downgraded the Adobe Media Encoder on the PC to the same version of Premiere Pro I'm editing on. So far, It's working now.