• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Miraizon DNxHD and Prores Codecs not available in Media Encoder 2018

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, Media Encoder 2018 does not list Miraizon DNxHD and Prores Codecs under Quicktime anymore. CC 2017 did not have this issue.

Annoying that I have to export a master in 2018, and covert it to ProRes on 2017.

Why Adobe? Why???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

David C,

Sorry for the frustration.

Strangely, Media Encoder 2018 does not list Miraizon DNxHD and Prores Codecs under Quicktime anymore. CC 2017 did not have this issue.

This is the issue: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Why Adobe? Why???

Our decision to remove support for legacy QuickTime codecs is based on a request by Apple. Apple is no longer supporting QuickTime 32 bit codecs beginning in 2019, so you may need to alter your workflow accordingly.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidc24437313,

Sorry for the trouble. Please share a screenshot of the issue. FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Try to deactivate & activate Creative Cloud: Learn how to activate and deactivate Creative Cloud apps

Also, check this article: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand why they have eliminated Quicktime plugins compatibility in the latest versions, it is nothing more than reducing functions that harm PC users.

This plugin (Miraizon DNxHD and Prores Codecs ) is the way that the PC users have to work with Mac users, exporting in ProRes is vital in this case.

I'm not saying that Adobe pays Apple the license so it can add native support to export in ProRes, but they could maintain support for plugins at least. Removing the Quicktime7 plugin is simply harm PC users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XerachCruz,

I do not understand why they have eliminated Quicktime plugins compatibility in the latest versions, it is nothing more than reducing functions that harm PC users.

No, that is not the reason. They've been removed according to a request from Apple. Kindly read this KB doc: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

but they could maintain support for plugins at least. Removing the Quicktime7 plugin is simply harm PC users.

That's going to be an impossible task, as in 2019 none of these codecs will be supported on PC or Mac.

Thanks for understanding,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kebin

No, that is not the reason. They've been removed according to a request from Apple.

This request is only a strategy of Apple to harm PC users.

By removing the compatibility with Quicktime7, Apple users still have ProRes codecs in the system, but deleting it for PC users eliminates the possibility for those PC users to work with Mac clients, they can no longer use the plugins for Quicktime to export in ProRes.

It's just a strategy to force professional PC users to buy Apple hardware.

That's going to be an impossible task, as in 2019 none of these codecs will be supported on PC or Mac.

There is nothing impossible ... that no longer updates it is not an excuse to eliminate compatibility. I will be able to keep having Quicktime7 installed on my computer until I want it, and not recibe more updates does not mean that it does not work anymore... it's more. Quicktime 7 has not been updated for years and works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing how many bugs and issues there are with Adobe products and instead of fixing those they remove really useful features instead... Kind of blows my mind. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FelixS,

instead of fixing those they remove really useful features instead...

Actually, we are only acting in good faith due to a request from Apple. They are no longer going to be supporting these codecs. Here is the official statement: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David C,

This is the issue: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Why Adobe? Why???

Our decision to remove support for legacy QuickTime codecs is based on a request by Apple. Apple is no longer supporting QuickTime 32 bit codecs beginning in 2019, so you may need to alter your workflow accordingly.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines