• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MOV files are HUMONGOUS!

Explorer ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With older versions of AME (before v.12), I could render out a half-hour MOV file with captions embedded and the file size would be around 2 to 2.5GB.  My old codec is no longer available, thanks to Adobe and Apple having a pissing contest, and Adobe dropping support of 32-bit Quicktime codecs.  So now, my MOV file sizes are coming out 20 to 25GB, some even as big as 45GB!  This is completely unacceptable, since it will take me 3 days to upload a file that size to my stations!  I'd like to embed the captioning, but the only other choice is an MXF file, and the TV stations I send these files to look at the file like a cow looks at a new gate!  So, am I stuck sending an MP4 file with a SCC sidecar file for my captions?  Is there any other option that will get me a reasonable sized file with embedded closed captions?

I should mention that I tried using the DNxHD, Animation, and DVCPro presets.  I'm also irritated that there is no way to change the video bitrate in any of these options.  The DNxHD preset gave me a file with a 90mbps video bit rate.  No wonder the file sizes are so big!  I really don't need the bit rate to be much more than 20mbps!  I'm not doing 4K, just 1080i29.97 TV video.  I also had problems with the DVCPro preset.  It kept crashing and failing on the render.  Will the HEVC h.265 codec play on a cheap TV station system?  They can take MP4 files, but I don't know about using the h.265 codec...

Glen Tubbesing

Caples Productions

Las Vegas, NV

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?