• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MPEG2-DVD Codec missing from AME

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad 520, running Windows 7 Professional. I've been using Premiere Pro CS6 with its accompanying AME for years. Recently I tried upgrading to PPro CC and everything went screwy. The new install would not open up. I searched the forums and tried every solution I saw but none worked. I've re-installed PPro CS6, which is working fine, but cannot get back my AME CS6. The new AME (CC12) is missing the MPEG2-DVD codec. along with several others. Again, I've tried every solution I could find in these forums to retrieve the codecs, but nothing is working. Does anyone out there have a solution?  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional info - I have just uninstalled every version of Premiere Pro and AME on my laptop and re-installed CS6, which gives me AME CS6, but still with the missing codecs. Please help, I have projects waiting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reinstall CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Adobe Creative Cloud, clicked on Premiere Pro CC "Other Versions" and installed from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what codecs are you missing? I'll try to look at them when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at Joost's post below, I guess I'm missing all the codecs in the "DVD" category, because I have no arrow next to "DVD", hence no dropdown options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been associated with AME CS6 not being activated. (It usually required opening Premiere Pro CS6 or the like.) All the threads I found were old.

I have CS6 on two computers. In one, AME now shows no MPEG (as you have). On the other, I have the list Joost has, but the MPEG2-DVD (any MPEG) is missing from the drop down for an asset in the queue, and if I drag the MPEG2-DVD from Joost's list over, it throws an error when I try to encode.

So no clue at the moment what is going on.

Are you unable to use 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try solution (nr 13.) in this other thread to see if it will regenerate the Presets:

Re: Missing AME CS6 Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, gentlemen. Stan, all the threads I found were very old as well. I do have the license and my CS6 is activated.

Joost, I will try that solution later today and let you both know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, 2018 will not open. I've seen posts about this issue as well. It seems to be a common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Solution Number 13 as you suggested, Joost, but still no luck. One of the posters suggested uninstalling CS6, then reinstalling and starting it up just with the trial and seeing if the codecs are there. If they are, then activate my license. I'll try that when I have more time. If either of you have any other suggestions, I'd be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the MPEG2-DVD Format listed when you export media via Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available (and works) on both my PCs in PR CS6. If I select Queue, it opens AME CS6, but shows the selected file format as audio only AAC. The H264 BD presets appear to be there, but no mpeg2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is listed in Premiere Pro, but when I slect that and put my file into the Queue and AME opens, it will only export to aac audio, as Stan mentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, I just tried exporting directly from PPro CS6 and it seems to be working! Thank you! I'll know when it's done. I'd still like to get all those missing codecs back into AME, though. My license includes them, so I think they should be there. At least I can continue working. Thanks again, gentlemen! And again, if you have any suggestions regarding recovery into AME, I'd appreciate it. You guys are super!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the video exported fine, but there's no audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Mpeg2-DVD format produces demuxed files (separate files for video and audio). That it what is preferred for Encore. Look for a separate audio file (.wav or perhaps an .a3c).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPEG2-DVD is a Format in AME, listed under DVD in the preset browser. Is this what your are looking for? Screengrab from my AME CS6:

Screenshot 2018-05-08 14.42.14.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the drop down arrow next to "DVD", so I guess I'm missing all the codecs in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines