• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio in video exported from Media Encoder

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convert some small AVI files and cannot get audio to export.

I have tried every codec, every setting combo, even every video format with zero success.

I am on a Win7 64 bit machine:

Intel Xenon Quad core processor

16GB RAM

NVIDIA High Def Audio card (drivers are up to date)

Any thoughts, help, tips, recommended Sound Cards, whatever it takes, this is frustrating to the nth degree.

I can do these conversions in Windows Movie Make just fine but there is no batch option (that I'm aware of) and Media Encoder used to handle these flawlessly.

Help. Please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

What video codec and audio codec do those files use?  If you import those files in Premiere Pro, can you playback audio?

Unfortunately, not all codecs in AVI files are supported in Media Encoder and Premiere Pro as discussed in this forum post No audio when loading AVI...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What video codec and audio codec do those files use?  If you import those files in Premiere Pro, can you playback audio?

Unfortunately, not all codecs in AVI files are supported in Media Encoder and Premiere Pro as discussed in this forum post No audio when loading AVI...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what codec they use, they are exported from a 3rd party vendor file but there is no waveform in Premier which suggests that is more than likely a codec issue.

Thanks for the quick reply and link. I'll read through and look for options.

Fortunately these are very brief videos, 12 seconds each and I normally get them as one-offs so no major headache there.

I just received a bunch this time for a special project so I'll bully through it.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines