• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio on export

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm baffled by this problem and really need to find a solution ASAP.  I am using creative cloud, and files fed directly into media encoder are exporting silent audio tracks.  Media encoder appears to complete the export, but the resulting files have no sound.

If I export the same clip from premiere pro from the timeline it works just fine and audio is present.

My theory is that media encoder isn't conforming the audio clips it imports.  Any thoughts or fixes?  Has anyone here had this issue?  Thanks!

TOPICS
Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

It worked for me on number of systems

Whenever you have a project file which has exceeded a particular size limit when exported will result in no audio after exporting media to a file no matter what format you selected.

This is a software issue and nothing to do with your system

When you have more than one audio tracks in a sequence and if that track exceeds a particular size limit then on exporting there will be no audio.

So, how to get that audio in exported file

By default whenever you are workin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you converted a Premiere Pro CS6 project into a compatible project for Premiere Pro CC (prior to version 7.1), the project may not have been converted properly.  This is why some tracks are wrongly set to mute.  Please try importing the CS6 project into Premiere Pro 7.2.1 and convert again.

If you happen to have used a match sequence option and encoded, there should be a video file and a xml file generated.  Please try copying only the video file into another location and open the file from the new location.

Please let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

On a mac.  Have been in CC the whole time.

I merge video files and audio.  This forms a new merged clip.

The clip opens fine in the Source monitor and the waveforms look good.

If i export from Premiere the resulting clip is fine.

However, if I export the exact same clip from AME the clip has no sound.

This is ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm exporting from PPro works.  Lesson learned: stay away from merging clips until Adobe gets it together.  Merging clips has caused us days valuable time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem where my export from PP CC had an audio dropout/sync problem. I'm still not sure why it played ok on the timeline but not on the export. What I did do was copy and cut the whole timeline, create a new sequence and then pasted the timeline to this new sequence. Exported perfectly this time. I had rendered before export, ticked all the boxes but it wouldn't work until I did the above action.

Hope this helps someone!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Completed project is sent to the Encoder and I leave computer running all night sor 1.5 h project to complete. In the morning I am disappointed that audio is not there. This problem is starting to ruin my reputation as I am unable to release projects to clients in timely manners. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vitality-

I'm no expert on this stuff and I don't know the specifics of your project however....In my case I was having trouble exporting merged clips.  The solution was to open Media Encoder directly and then add the Premiere Project to it.  I believe it will allow you to batch encode all your sequences AND your merged files.  Sadly, I do not think this works as a tool to just batch export regular clips.

Possibly there's some way to trick it and make your standard clips into merged clips - but that might lead to other problems down the line.  But definitely experiment with opening your .prproj directly in Media Encoder and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been having the same problem, though only intermittently, out of Media Encoder. i either get NO audio at all, or a digital screaming noise thing

I can render directly out of Premiere though. will this be addressed under my subscription price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the issue on Mac and PC, flv and mp4 exports. Only workaround that works so far is to export directly from PPro, one by one, and not use AME, which defeats the purpose of sending files to a queue so can keep working in PPro or doing batches. Would love to know when this is fixed--Adobe--because it's changing my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be problem with not enough RAM or Drive capacity for the Scratch Disk.

I had the same problem. I would add many tasks to be encoded overnight and the first would be ok but the next one would be missing audio in some clips, generally the longer ones. Had no problem rendering from Premier one at a time.

Was having trouble in general with not enough space on my SSD (my scratch disk) and while running Media Encoder had trouble running low on RAM when opening other programs. I replaced my 125GB SSD with a 240GB and incrreaed my RAM from 8GB to 24GB and it works fine. Cranked through several hours of rendering with no missing audio and ended up with about 20GB of .cfa's in my cache when it was clean to start with.

I am not sure if it was the SSD or the RAM upgrade that did it because I did both at once. Perhaps try using the scratch disk on a slower but more voluminous drive or clear the scratch disk of cache or otherwise make space.

It would be helpful if Media Encoder gave some feedback when resources are over extended. I got no indication that there was a problem with the encoding process when I did not get audio. Feedback would have pinpointed the problem right away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My footage was in ProRes 422 LT because I am a Final Cut user and I heard Premier Pro was great, so I imported one clip to try it.  Depending on my export settings, and it seems like I've tried a dozen different settings, I get either no sound or garbled or skipping sound.  I've tried everything I know for 3 hours.  It plays back fine in the sequence.  I didn't edit the clip or anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2015 Mar 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps anyone, I had the same problem using my old CS4 system. All of a sudden, Media Composer started pushing out files with no audio. It had ever happened to me before. The only different thing was t hat the sequence was very long - over 13 hours I think - and had had many files encoded from it (with no problems) before suddenly the audio was no longer being encoded. Maybe after the sequence hit 12 hours, it stops encoding audio? Only a theory.

I tried all sorts of things but when I started a new project on a different drive, everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this very frustrating deficiency in Adobe CC. Adobe, get on this please. I need to do a prores422 HQ export of a build for the distribution of a feature film. I have the build in a higher rez format, but running it through Adobe Media Encoder CC 2014 destroys the audio. In one build the audio is missing, then hissing static, then at the halfway point in the export is suddenly perfect. The second attempt the audio is just missing for half the build, then perfect. This is a uniform audio file, so it's not even hitting Premiere Pro. It's directly from After Effects and just a simple down Rez to 422HQ with a single audio track. There's no excuse for this one. Get it fixed ASAP please. It looks bad enough telling the producer that Adobe screwed up their release and that's what's delaying distribution in this format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of your audio and video export settings? Also, just to see if we can determine where the problem is coming from, can you try doing an export of just the audio through AME? Try the Waveform format. Is the audio ok in that test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  I am trying to export my rough cut and my tracks 2 and 3 of audio are missing today.  Yesterday they exported fine.  They playback in the sequence.  When I go to export the audio files don't fully render and then it doesn't complete export, so I click export and the sound files are missing. I've tried other exports as well. Nothing is working.  This is a huge problem as I chose Premier to cut this film in, and now I'm not sure if I will be able to export it properly.  please help.

I'm on a brand new iMac all souped up with extra ram and space.  I'm running the newest version of CC. 

I also keep getting an "unknown error occurred while saving the project. Select 'Save As' from the File menu to save the project to a new location.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got my export to work today by opening my project file and save as a new project file. Today this strategy worked.  I also tried this yesterday and it did not work.  So, it seems that the whole situation is buggy, but at least it worked for my rough cut delivery today to my director. What a stressful ordeal.  I'm seriously considering transferring the whole project to another editing software. Has anyone done this? Or possibly transferring it back to an older OS system.  Looking for advice.  Thanks.

Right now I'm running on a new iMac with Yosemite.  I had no problems when I was running it on my old macbook pro with Lion.

21.5 screen

3.1 GHz

1TB HD

16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion, it worked for me as well on my new iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. I see the original post is dated August 27, 2012. It's been almost three YEARS? Really?

Adobe, pls fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me on number of systems

Whenever you have a project file which has exceeded a particular size limit when exported will result in no audio after exporting media to a file no matter what format you selected.

This is a software issue and nothing to do with your system

When you have more than one audio tracks in a sequence and if that track exceeds a particular size limit then on exporting there will be no audio.

So, how to get that audio in exported file

By default whenever you are working on a sequence in premier pro only one audio track is selected that is lighter in colour than the tracks present below it, so, you need to select all those tracks (i.e. they should be lighter than they are previously) which you want in your exported file, you can do that by just clicking on them

This works fine for me all the time

Happy Editing...!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually this is a solution, or The solution for the problem. Not even sure if it is a problem, but thanks for the tip. I spent hours and hours testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing this problem in After Effects. I've tried the solutions on this thread but nothing is working. Has anyone had success getting this to work in projects coming from AE to Encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let's see of I have this right....

• There's a known issue with AME in that it can't output audio for large files - in my case even for a 30 minute video
  • Although Adobe knew about this, they didn't;t think it was worth letting their customer know in advance (you have many ways to contact me and you are aware that I am using AME)
  • Yes... perhaps I could cut and paste here and there and try this and that to see if I can get a work around. I don't feel inclined to do that primarily because when it comes to time to pay for my subscription each month it seems that no workaround I might use is acceptable
  • I created my composition in AE having first created the video assets in PR
  • Yes..... I can export my project out of AE back into PR - except that all that appears to do is to send back all of the assets within my project. It doesn't appear to regenerate the timeline in PR and it's that timeline which cost most of the many hours we have put into this video
  • Yes.... I can actually render out of AE, but it seems only in AVI format, and since that isn't the required output format. no doubt we'll have to send that AVI file into AME in order to (hopefully) get the right format out with some audio
  • The word on the street is that perhaps a shortage of disk space was responsible for causing AME to not perform properly - well how much workspace does AME need if the 414 GB free on my disk isn't enough? In fact the spec recommends 10 GB.
  • Alternatively, do I have enough memory? Adobe specify 4 GB as minimum and 8 GB as recommended - I have 8 GB
  • Perhaps my disk isn't fast enough? 7,200 rpm is recommended - and that's what I have
  • But you must have 64 bit processing - and I do
  • So what I have as a system exceeds the minimum required. If Adobe needed more than it should have said so
  • But here is the most important point of all.... if the program runs into what could be considered a genuine resource issue, then stop the program and let the user know that there is a problem, preferably giving a message as to the nature of the problem. This has been good programming practice for at least the 48 years that I have been programming. The fact that the program didn't do this seems to indicate very poor program design (from a user interaction perspective) or the fact that what is causing this is simply a major bug that was not intentional design. Final testing of a large video file, e.g. 2 hours, would surely have shown up this error?
  • So did Adobe know about this error before release? To say "no" would be to say testing wasn't done on a large file. To say "yes".... well I am sure that we will all have our own individual thoughts about that...
  • Adobe makes super products and CC really is creative. Letting this issue escape the farm, not owning up to it and taking so long to fix it is also creative - but not in the manner that your customer might appreciate.
  • I have wasted two days on this issue and missed a customer deadline.
  • Adobe, please fix this quickly or I will be forced to drop using CC altogether. We must be able to rely upon our tools.
  • Thank you.....  Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting this issue as of 07-28-2015. No AUDIO after export. Im working with a 1:32 clip - tiny. All audio boxes are ticked. The only solution is to use Media Encoder. I also installed CC updates today, SO ... something in that update has broken AE.

Fix, please. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a fix for this? I'm having the same issue on both windows 10 and Mac. It inconsistently works and doesn't work. So if I export and there's no audio, I just keep restarting the programs (PP and AME) and export again until it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option that fixed this for me was double-checking my source audio. I had an MP3 file being used as a temporary source for some VO. Once I swapped out the MP3 for an AIFF, all was fixed. Make sure you have no MP3 files in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case there's any value to it, and hopefully it helps resolve this, I'm just adding my experience here.

On a PC, upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 about 3 months ago, been using CS6 for ages without issues (on both 7 and 10).  A few days ago, I decided to finally take the plunge and buy CC given the increasing number of nice tools that CS6 didn't have, despite my reluctance to subscribe to the monthly model...  Still, Adobe seemed to show that they were constantly improving this product, so fine - I'm in.  (note that I still have CS6 installed)

Anyway, CC worked fine for about a day, and now (as above) AME is failing.  Half the time, if I "queue" something in Premiere, AME doesn't even notice (ie nothing is added to the queue), so I have to close AME and try again.  Even then, sometimes it doesn't work.  But the bigger issue is of course the audio bug.  Short music clips of ~5 minutes with mutliple audio tracks but only one not muted...  no audio.  And in fact you can see that AME doesn't even 'prepare the audio tracks' or whatever that first step is.  "Export"ing directly from Premiere DID work, but obviously that's a much less desirable workflow.

Finally, a (perhaps overdue) system restart has it working again.  Still took a few 'tries' to get the file to actually show up in the AME queue, but I've got three outputs with audio now...  I'll try to report back with any other updates.

Obviously this is a serious bug for a lot of people, but for what it's worth, if you haven't done a system restart lately (like me), maybe that'll help get AME going through at least one deadline or two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines