iOS for the iPad: 11.2.5

—————————————

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Mac OS 10.13.1

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015

Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015

----------------------------------

I recorded a 20-minute screen capture on my iPad using the built-in iOS “Screen Recording” tool. The .mov file includes me talking directly into the mic. The .mov file plays fine on both the iPad and my desktop machine. However, when I try to convert it to .mp4, there is no sound in the output file.

• I’ve restarted the machine.
  • I deleted the “Media Cache” and “Media Cache Database” folders, and then did a shift restart of Media Encoder.
  • “Export Settings” are set to enable both audio and video output.
  • I tried “Export Settings: Multiplexer: MP4.” I also tried setting “Multiplexing” to none.
  • I set the output audio to “mono” and also tried “stereo.”
  • I imported the original .mov into Premiere Pro (CC 2015) to check the audio tracks. The two audio tracks plays within Premiere Pro in the preview. I tried to output directly from Premiere Pro, which queues up in Media Encoder. This output also failed to include the sound.
  • I tried this in both Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015 and 2018. Each time I deleted the “Media Cache” and “Media Cache Database” folders. I did not uninstall the 2015 version.

After numerous attempts, I am still unable to export the .mov file to include sound. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong.

I uploaded a similar .mov file to Vimeo, recorded exactly the same way, The sound plays fine in that file.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bring the exported file back into Premiere timeline - do you see a waveform in the audio track? Plays any sound?

There is an issue that people sometimes run into if the mic on the video recorder is wired wrong. The L and R channels "cancel each other out" due to a phase inversion, but some playback devices will have sound and others will not.

So I just want to make sure there is no sound at all in the exported file before we look at other options.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines