• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OK to delete _AME temp folders after using AME render queue from AE?

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just realized that when I use the "add to AME render queue" in After Effects, AME creates a temp folder with copies of the AE project in it when it renders. The folder names all have _AME appended to them, and the .aep files inside all have tmpAEtoAMEProject-compname as prefixes.

After I've rendered successfully, is it OK do delete these folders and files? They are taking up a LOT of space. I'm guessing that it's fine to delete them, but wanted to check just to make sure. I'm curious if there is any reason to keep them.

Cheers,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori,

Please attach a screenshot of the exact location of those files.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

For privacy reasons a screenshot isn't feasible (the project names provide information that is under embargo until later in 2017). But I can tell you that the folders land inside the same directory that contains the AE projects that I am rendering.

Since my original post, I have also experimented with moving the folders in question to a different directory (to hide them from AME). This didn't seem to cause any problems, so I can imagine that it's OK to delete the folders once I'm done rendering.

Kind regards,

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think he means something like this,

I'm assuming these are deletable after rendering complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines