• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pixelation issues on animation

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently been having a problem when rendering animations from after effects through media encoder. When exporting as H264 with all the default settings (match source - high bitrate etc.), the image looks pixelated at random points during the animation. Initially I thought I just needed to crank up the bitrate but that still didn't work. I think that this is to do with my pc somehow because colleagues haven't had any issues exporting with my after effects projects. Any ideas?

I've attached my pc specs

pc specs.PNGgraphics card specs.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...sometimes I have similar issues. Is it a small enough project where you can switch Media Encoder to Software Only and render that way? For me, sometimes switching that helps, even though it takes much longer. I don't know if that is a 'fix' or if I just get lucky.

Another workaround could be to import your After Effects project into Premiere Pro, and just export from the Project Panel. It's basically the same concept as rendering through Media Encoder. Not a fix, but a nice workaround if you need a quick turnaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion! Tried exporting through Premiere and still ended up with the same results annoyingly. No problems when exporting as a quicktime file though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines