• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2021 Dynamic Link only works on AE project that is currently open

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to reinstall my mac completely so had to install Adobe CC suite again and now all my Premiere projects have all AE copms offline. I can only relink the ones that are in AE Project that I open up. What is going on? 

I'm on Big Sur 11.5.2, and reinstalled both AE 18.4.1 and Premiere 15.4.1 several times. Previously I never had this problem. 

TOPICS
Download and install , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This does not sound ideal. Could you share more details about this dynamic link issue?

Were all the AE projects created on the same version?

Where have you saved your projects?

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, thanks for the reply. 

Basically, the problem started when I reinstalled my mac. I wiped it clean and installed the latest Big Sur. Then I installed new Adobe CC suite as well - both Premiere and AE are the latest version (but I tried to downgrade both too with no improvement). 
Prior to reinstall both projects were created on the same version. I checked my other projects I worked on before and it's the same problem. If the AE project is not open all comps from that project are offline. When I try to relink them - the relink window can't see anything in the AE project and returns Error Message "The importer reported a generic error."

Similarly, if I try searching in Media Browser window for the AE project - it's just blank. I can't see anything from that project. But as soon as I open the project in AE I can see what's inside via Media Browser. 

This is obviously not ideal as a lot of my edit projects contain elements from various AE projects. 

Have you come across something like this before? 

I remember having a similar issue about 18months ago but that was on a different mac. I change machines back then so not sure if it got resolved on that machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shivangi, 

Just to add to my problems with Dynamic Link - if I try queue up my timelines in Media Encoder (even while the AE project is open and it all works in Premiere) - the Media Encoder does not recognize any of the AE comps and just reads them as offline media.

Please help! 

Many thanks,

Eva 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines