Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some audio clips don't sound when I export a Premiere Pro project

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm using the version CS6 (in both Premiere and Media Encoder)

Sometimes I put a voice clip and a music file "one above the other" in a Premiere project, so that they sound at the same time (something like this, don't pay attention to the language haha):

Capture.JPG

...But my problem is that Media Encoder sometimes makes both of them sound, and sometimes it makes only the voice sound; in the final exported video.

I literally just exported the video twice, and the first time the music didn't sound but the second time it did...

I have no idea what's going on, am I doing something wrong?

Hope you can help me out because this really is a problem, since exporting the video takes quite a long time.

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Make sure that the music is a wav file, not an mp3 file.  Convert mp3 to wav before importing into Premiere Pro if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that the music is a wav file, not an mp3 file.  Convert mp3 to wav before importing into Premiere Pro if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay... And why's that? What's wrong with MP3 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some (but not all) users have experienced odd behavior when using mp3 files, including playback and export problems.

I have had a few projects where I have not converted mp3s to wav and had problems.  After substituting wav files converted from the mp3s files, the problems were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I see... Well, seems I have to do that extra-work converting files...

Thanks my friend! I'll check if this fixes the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please let us know if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines