• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync issues for h264 exports in quicktime player

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updateng from 2020 to 2021 our h264 exports have had audio issues in the quicktime player. It will play in the beginning but will go out of sync over time. Skipping forward in a video either stops the audio or throws it completely out of sync. We have tried a whole range of export settings for both the audio and video, turned off hardware accelaration, exported directly from premiere but nothing seems to effect the issue. Videos play fine in other players and videos we exported prior to updating play fine in quicktime. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe Any help on this issue? Ive seen other threads here and on the premiere board with similar playback problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here; h.264 exports/transcodes from AME 15.1 and 15.2 have out-of-sync audio in Quicktime, Preview, Switch, and MacCaption. Audio plays fine in VLC. It seems to be especially bad when transcoding to interlaced h.264. AME 14.7 exports do not have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you guys have any fixes for this problem? I'm having the same issue and it freaking drives me mad. How could I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to AME 14.9 was my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know others have been having this issue. I have to keep instructing clients to download VLC. They keep freaking out that something is wrong with the videos I send to them for proofing. It's really infuriating. Is it an Adobe issue? I assumed it was a problem with QuickTime...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its kind of both in a way. I dont know a ton about back end of encoding but adobe seems to have changed something in their 2021 versions of both premiere and encoder. Videos exported prior to this work fine in quicktime. Whatever the change was VLC and other players seems are able to interpret it where as quicktime does not.

Unfortunately we deliver a lot of files directly to end viewers, many of whom struggle with technology. We need our videos to play on their system default player. We're having to run handbrake on a 2nd computer almost 24/7 until adobe fixes their issue or apple updates quicktime to interpret it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NO sir. I think its Quick time problem. I exported video in Filmora (MAC 12.1) (same h.264) and video was good in VLC and audio out of sink(1 second delay) in quick time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines