• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim and stitch simultaenously

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a week using Adobe Media Encoder to perform basic tasks which I used Premiere for and the amount of time saved has been significant. Therefore, I'd like to know if the following can be done in Media Encoder in a single encoding session:

Trim and stitch simulatenously. For instance, I have A.mp4 and B.mp4. I'd like to remove 1 minute from the end of A.mp4 and 1 minute from the beginning of B.mp4 before stitching them together into one video file in their alphebetical sequence. The settings window doesn't allow cutting a clip in the middle.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I don't believe that's possible as you describe it. I'd be happy to be wrong about that though. Your best bet might be to trim and export each clip individually in a lossless compression (ProRes or DNxHR) and then stitch those two together.

On a side note, if you are on a macOS and have Quicktime you can stitch clips and trim them as you are describing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was hoping for these actions to be completed within one go but the lossless option sounds feasible too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines