• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unnecessary uninstall process

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has got to be the worst uninstall process I have ever come across. I havent used any adobe software in over a year and I try to uninstall creative cloud. I can't because other apps depend on it. OK so i try to uninstall premiere and encoder and BAM i have to log in to my account to access creative cloud to even have the OPTION TO UNINSTALL. I dont remember what the f email i used, let alone my password to log in so I can get this junk off my computer. I finally get logged in only to have to wait for creative cloud to UPDATE before I can uninstall the dependencies just so i can uninstall creative cloud. Complete waste of time. I am never using another Adobe product again. I will find and support any alternatives to the crap that adobe has become in the last decade. My biggest turn off for this product was the requirement of creative cloud. Let me just install the crap I want and not download additional garbage to my pc just to take up space and give me ads about products I am not interested in.

TOPICS
Crash , Download and install , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Export or render , Feature request , Formats , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import , Performance , Tips and tricks , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the hassle. Yeah, I totally understand. Oftentimes I miss the old days, too. Things were a little simpler back then. But yeah, now the Creative Cloud desktop app manages all of the installs and uninstalls. There's pros and cons to it. But it is also an Adobe app, which of course has to be logged in to use.

Another more aggressive way to wipe your computer of any traces of Adobe is to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. If I remember right, I don't think you need your Adobe username and password to use. But don't hold me to that. Here is the link with more information on how to do that: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Hope this accomplishes what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is, of course, the nuclear option: Reinstall the operating system.

It's not the most convenient way, but is effective and will give you a clean slate to reinstal other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines