Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AME 13.0.2 with PR or AE CC 2018?

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Due to technical issues, my school wants us to avoid updating our CC (especially Premiere Pro and After Effects) to 2019 versions on our personal computers. I do 50% of my work on my school's devices, which compels me to keep Premiere Pro and AE on their 2018 version.

But because AME 2019 supports Apple ProRes 422 export for Windows, it would help me so much I hesitate to update it, but I wonder if it will keep working correctly if I don't update my other softwares.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Lets clarify. You have to work on AE/PPro 2018 but you wish to export/render those with AME 2019 - did I understood that correctly?
If that is the case you:
a) can't and you will not be able to use 2019AME as exporter for AE/PPro 2018
b) can open your AE/PPro project made with 2018 versions in your 2019 version and then from there export using AME 2019 render queue (keep in mind that you have to have access on your private workstation access to source footages and files that you are working on in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets clarify. You have to work on AE/PPro 2018 but you wish to export/render those with AME 2019 - did I understood that correctly?
If that is the case you:
a) can't and you will not be able to use 2019AME as exporter for AE/PPro 2018
b) can open your AE/PPro project made with 2018 versions in your 2019 version and then from there export using AME 2019 render queue (keep in mind that you have to have access on your private workstation access to source footages and files that you are working on in school, and the same 3th party plugins, addons and scripts that was used in project that you wish to export)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering!

So, let's say I want to export something from a PPro CC 2018 project, can I add the sequence to AME 2019's render queue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. To render from PPro 2018 you have to use AME 2018. So if you have project made in PPro 2018 you can open that projecty in PPro 2019 and then export with AME 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, got it, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines