• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videograbber AVI File Import Failure in Encoder

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a "Plexgear" or "DigitNow" Videograbber to convert my Hi8 Sony Handycam tapes into digital file. I run macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and Media Encoder 2020. 

I cant find any settings on the videograbber to create the files as something else.

Here is the user manual if that can help answer my question:

https://www.kjell.com/globalassets/mediaassets/504641_97100_manual_en.pdf?ref=224503B2F3

What does this message mean in this case and how to solve it?

Skärmavbild 2019-11-19 kl. 18.37.46.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sofieselling,

Looking through the manual, I don't see another format option, either. As you probably already know, .avi files make Apple computers a little grumpy. Sounds like we need to first figure out what codec the avi files are. You can download MediaInfo and run your .avi files through it. Once you have figured out the codec, hopefully you can download the codec from the manufacturer's site, close all Adobe apps, and install the codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines