• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is wrong with Encoder? Or is it MacOS?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen this before.  I encode a 720p file using the H.264 480p widescreen codec and get an mp4 with no data and an xmp sidecar file.  I have tried using the Vimeo 480p widescreen variant with no success.  I encoded two file earlier yesterday with no issues, then this popped up.

I am on MacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra, and using the latest version of Encoder.  I uninstalled and re-installed Encoder.  No luck.  I also tried with the 720p codec, but had issues. Another point of note; it took only around 20 minutes to compress a 55 minute piece of video.

I went to my laptop, running an earlier version of encoder and MacOS.  I was successful on the laptop, but the time was extreme.

So, my question is what changed?  Are MacOS High Sierra and the most recent version of Encoder incompatible?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Msuilleabhain,

Strange. I have the same setup and have no issues. Can we get the specs on your Mac? Have you tried another user account?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines