• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Media Encoder show drop or non-drop status of video?

Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a video with a burned-in timecode which shows as being non-drop frame.  However, my subtitling software reads the video as being drop-frame.  My guess is that the burnt-in timecode is incorrect and that the video actually is drop-frame.  However, I cannot find any way to check this theory of mine.  When I load the video in Media Encoder, it shows me that the frame rate is 29.97 -- But I already knew that. How can I find out if Media Encoder considers the video to be 29.97 drop frame or 29.97 non-drop frame?  I want to verify this so I can tell my client authoritatively that the burnt-in timecode is at odds with the actual timecode.  I can tell them that my subtitling software thinks the video is drop frame, but I'd like to have a second source to confirm that.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've even opened the file with the MediaInfo app, but again, it does not seem to say whether the file is drop or non-drop.  It simply shows me the frame rate, 29.97, which I already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines