Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wraptor 2K DCP crashes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone !

I have a lot of troubles to export a 26 minutes film DCP with the AME 2017.0.2 (Queue from Premiere CC2017)- plugin Wraptor 2K / 25fps Flat. The export start but stops at different stats, sometimes at 10%, 20% or 50%... It's exporting on the local hard drive -> SSD 256Gb

Original file : QuickTime Apple ProRes 422 HQ

System : OSX MacPro late 2013

In the past the solution was Davinci Resolve, but now, on the new version, you can't export a DCP without the watermark until you get license.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Hi Simonh,

I did more research on your issue and it appears to be a bug. The issue: "When you attempt to export to Wraptor DCP from AME, it crashes if the source file is longer than 15 minutes." I apologize for this issue. We have a fix in place for the upcoming version of AME. If you have time, please file your bug so we can have additional info here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simonh,

1. Is there any error message when the export crash? Please post a screenshot of the error message.

2. Have you tried to export from Premiere Pro directly?

3. What is the selected renderer in Media Encoder? Change it to Mercury Playback Engine Software only mode & test.

4. Are you able to export to a different format?

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simonh,

Did you try any of the things that Vidya suggested? Please let us know if anything worked or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simonh,

I did more research on your issue and it appears to be a bug. The issue: "When you attempt to export to Wraptor DCP from AME, it crashes if the source file is longer than 15 minutes." I apologize for this issue. We have a fix in place for the upcoming version of AME. If you have time, please file your bug so we can have additional info here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Was this ever implemented? Wraptor still crashes on every single export. Both AME and Premiere are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet successfully exported a DCP in Wraptor. Crashes every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even if i use media encoder ..... it crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe team,

As of May 7th 2017 I am experiencing this problem still, having done all updates in premiere and AME.

Is there a workaround yet? Please assist.

Kind regards,

Anton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Was this DCP export issue every resolved? I am trying to create a DCP for a 95 min film with AME, but it keeps failing. 

I have tried the different graphics settings, I am using a 6 core Mac mini for this with SSDs for source and target files. 

The export starts fine, I am currently trying tihe the GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) - Deprecated.

I've tried the other two settings without success. 

Regards

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have the same problem, it doesn't seem to be a pattern (like stopping when a particular effect gets in) it does that randomly, sometimes at 50%, sometimes at 1%, and sometime it just works alright... I'm using AME to render an after effects project and both are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even , I am having the same problem. Whenveri try ti export in Wraptor Dcp in 2k resolution format, It starts exporting but all of sudden, It stops at 90%. It happened two times. Could you please address what's the issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema
Copio el Error :

------------------------------------------------------------
- Tiempo de codificación: 00:01:16
12/02/2019 11:10:22 AM : Error de codificación
------------------------------------------------------------
A low-level exception occurred in: Wraptor DCP (Exporter:9)

Error de exportación
Error al compilar la película.

Error de exportación

Se ha producido una excepción de bajo nivel.

Escribiendo con el exportador: Wraptor DCP
Escribiendo en el archivo: K:\Diseño\Comp 1.dcp
Alrededor del código de tiempo: 00:00:23:23
Componente: Wraptor DCP del tipo Exportador
Selector: 9
Código de error: 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.. i've tryed to export my final clip (2 minutes lenght) to the DCP format. No changes of the preset.

I can't export it without this error... not in premiere pro directly, and not in media encoder aswell.

The error is always at the end. Thats very frustrating because the render time takes something about 1,5-2 hours and then at the end, the error message comes and no video was exported.

What can i do? I've tryed also to change the render engine so software only.

I'v also tryed another clip, and there i had no issues.

If i change the output format to mp4 there are also no problems. It only crashes by the DCP format.

2020-05-28#.png2020-05-28 (2)#.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich hatte heute auch mit diesem Problem zu kämpfen.

Folgendes hat mir nach Stunden der Verzweiflung die Lösung gebracht:

Keine Umlaute verwenden! Kein bÜrgermeister, kein lÖwenstein und Co. Weder im Dateiname noch irgendwo Zielordner. Also auch kein d:/ölpest/output/spot.dcp

Gruß

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alta, du hast uns gerettet. Fettes Merci! Ein Umlaut im Ordnernamen war das Problem... WTF. Wenn ich mal einen Entwickler von Adobe treffe, kann ich für nicht garantieren... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Liam,

for me it was solved by using only standard characters in the export file name. When I use Ö, Ä, Ü, ß or other special characters it will broke. So try so save it in a short and simple path and file name, i.e. "d:\export.dcp"

Best regards

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe ich auch probiert. Habe bei einem neuen Projekt in Premiere wieder den gleichen Fehler.

Wenn ich den Film erst in h264 exportiere, und diese Videofile dann als *.dcp umwandle (mit Mediaencoder) klappt es einwandfrei.

Ist natürlich nicht im Sinne des Erfinders... ich will ja die bestmögliche Qualität aus meinem Premiereprojekt herausholen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines