• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder "Watch folder" moves source files into singular folders.

Participant ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use a watch folder to export out hundreds of proxies during a shoot day.

The workflow is like this:

Action filmed -> Copied off camera card to Hard drive -> *Hard drive folder will be a designated "Watch folder"* -> AME will be auto encoder this raw footage to a proxy preset that will live locally on the comp for quick edits during the shoot.

This all works amazingly well, however when i copy over multiple clips into the Watch folder, AME encodes them, then places each "source" clip, into its our folder. Please see screenshot below

Mat_TTM_0-1613356387984.png

Is there any way to change it so that they all dont appear in their own subfolder?

Many thanks!

[Moderator note: moved to proper forum.]

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like a fix to this incredibly frustrating quirk of AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have the same issue, there should be an option to move files to individual folders or group folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue as soon as you copy a second clip to the watch folder it moves the files into sub folders and then wneh you look at the queue the encoder fails rendering the the whole batch automation useless. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally frustrating, anyone find a solution to this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, Adobe please repond or develop the settings solution, your support in chat cant help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe why on earth did you do this.  

Why would your transcoding software change the structure of my source?  Do you not realize that we, in our small or medium sized media businesses, may have spent time and effort creating workflows that might be designed function a particular way -- that we devise systems / structures that work for us, that we get used to and we train our employees and collaborators on?  This is just silicon valley brain at its worst: thinking you're doing something that YOU think is a good idea, when all it does is "disrupt" what your users have grown accustomed to in a way that creates nothing but problems.  

Why would a *transcoding tool* change a source structure?  What version of information design for user experience says this makes sense?  

Please revert this, for the love of all that matters.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus 1! Please remove this behavior or at least have a switch to turn movement of source files off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 years later and this is still a problem...

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate