Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1px black bar when exporting to JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I noticed that all my renders from AE having issue with black bar on the top of the video (1 px) when rendering to JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a @ 1920x1080.

If I change the frame rate from 30 to 29.97 the bar changes colour to Red... Is that a bug?

edit:

Added more info

Thanks,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to replicate your issue on my Mac but I am unable to.

Are you on a Mac or PC?

I assume you are using Export - Add to Media Encoder Queue. Does this black or red bar show up only with video? If you just added a solid that takes up the entire frame does the issue persist?

What is the size of your sequence? What is going on in your sequence? Are you using many 3rd party plugins? Any other information of this sort would be useful in troubleshooting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I am on Mac using Export - Add to Media Encoder Queue.

Just ran a very simple test:

1. Created a 3 sec comp in AE (1920x1080 @ 30fps) with only white solid

2. Exported via AME with these settings: Adobe Creative Cloud

3. Imported the file to Premiere (the line bar already appears in the top of the clip) to render it out as .mp4 using H264 codec

So, no plugins in the project and the problem still persist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I duplicated your test, no issue. I wonder if your video card is to blame. In Media Encoder before you export, can you change your render settings to Software Only?

card.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just run a test, Renderer: Software only and all good... I also did another test: Rendering mxf file to H264 in AE (via AME) and Premiere... Turned out it's the Premiere that renders the video with the bar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Software only works that usually is a sign of an issue with your video card and or video drivers. Can you try updating to your latest video card driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the confusion, just to clarify: there are no differences if I pick software, Metal or OpenCL renderer. The issue appears only to be Premiere Pro related (using Export window)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterS,

Sorry about this crucial error. Is it still occurring? If so, kindly file a bug: Premiere Pro: Hot (2565 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps You can also give us a call here for assistance: Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin-Monahan,

Thank you for your reply, I've posted this in here:

Bug: PremierePro 2019 JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a (since PremierePro 2018) – Adobe video & audio apps

I am running tests and it looks like the Codec itself (JPEG 2000 MXF OP1a) causes the issue (whether re-rendered to H264 from AE to AME or Pr to AME)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing new on that, right? Still the same Issue on the latest Version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines