Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2.7K 30 FPS in a 1080P 30 FPS Timeline?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is the deal,

About 10 months ago, I filmed a video in 2.7K 30FPS and edited it in a 2.7K Timeline on Adobe Premier Elements 15. After editing, I then exported it in 1080P at 30FPS and I loved it. I just came back from vacation and I filmed most of the vacation with my GoPro in 2.7K 30FPS but also filmed some videos with my phone in 1080P 30FPS. Since I have several videos in 1080P 30FPS, I was thinking about editing all my videos in a 1080P 30 FPS Timeline and just dropping the 2.7K 30FPS videos on the timeline and then exporting in 1080P 30FPS, will this be the way to go to provide me with the same quality I got when I exported the 2.7K 30 FPS video and exported at 1080 30FPS? Or should I edit in a 2.7K Timeline and drop the 1080P videos instead?

I hope that made sense and I really hope you guys can help me with this. I did search the forums first but I did not find a definite answer to my specific question.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/enfinity+8  wrote

So this is the deal,

I was thinking about editing all my videos in a 1080P 30 FPS Timeline and just dropping the 2.7K 30FPS videos on the timeline and then exporting in 1080P 30FPS, will this be the way to go to provide me with the same quality I got when I exported the 2.7K 30 FPS video and exported at 1080 30FPS?

Yes.

Or should I edit in a 2.7K Timeline and drop the 1080P videos instead?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/enfinity+8  wrote

So this is the deal,

I was thinking about editing all my videos in a 1080P 30 FPS Timeline and just dropping the 2.7K 30FPS videos on the timeline and then exporting in 1080P 30FPS, will this be the way to go to provide me with the same quality I got when I exported the 2.7K 30 FPS video and exported at 1080 30FPS?

Yes.

Or should I edit in a 2.7K Timeline and drop the 1080P videos instead?

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the advice provided by Peru Bob is good - kind of wordy, but all very true 😉

I would just add that when you drop the 2.7k clips into the 1080p timeline sequence, right-click them and select Set to Frame Size. Then if you want or need to perhaps zoom in/reframe the image a bit, it will use the original resolution to maintain quality in the HD sequence.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Efinity 8/All,

I'm very new to video editing and am struggling a little with this topic lol. 

I'm essentially trying to do exactly what you did which is film on my GoPro hero 6 in 2.7K 30FPS and edit it in a 2.7K Timeline on Adobe Premier Elements 2018 and then export 1080P at 30FPS. When I drop the 2.7K 30 FPS clip into the timeline the frame size in project settings is still showing 1920X1080 and not 2704X1520 (which is 2.7K).

Is there a way for it to show the correct frame size? If not is there even a point in filming in 2.7K if it just gets moved back to 1920X1080? I believe the whole point in filming in 2.7K is to have the higher resolution just in case you want to zoom in or crop etc. correct?

Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines