• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2019 not recognizing Video

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 2019 CC Apps. I am trying to encode an H.264 file from an Avid QT Ref File. It worked fine with Encoder 2018 but now it does not recognize the video using the same processes.

Also is there anyway to save as the queue for posterity? couldn't find it in 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I think I read somewhere that Media Encoder no longer supports QT Ref. i really hope I'm wrong and I eagerly await contradiction, but that is my understanding.

I'm grappling with much the same problem simply for a DNxHD clip.

Martin

Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core

OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive

32 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX Card

Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, Driver: 10.11.4

Avid Media Composer v. 2018.11.0

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.0.3 (Build 9)

Adobe Media Encoder CC v. 13.0.2.39

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AME dropped support for QT ref file. Ver 2017 still supports them.

See here:  Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support yesterday. We installed , reinstalled and it was kicked up the chain of command to the tech's supervisor. They will be calling me this afternoon for further work on this issue. I will post any findings this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Thanks for you replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Reference Movies are only supported in QuickTime which was deprecated by Apple back in 2013.   What's tricky is that the QuickTime file format (.mov) is still in use; however, the system driver that allows for macOS and Windows to use time based media is gone.

Adobe's done a pretty good job with supporting QuickTime files directly that otherwise would not open.  Unfortunately, referencing movies are not on the list.

Another issue which may or may not be involved here:  Referencing movies need the dependent files to be available.  QuickTime Player 7 will alert you to missing files, if any.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines