480 SD renders, 720 HD does not. Error: -1609629695

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tubbesing.jpg
Here's a shot of a recent AME render queue. As you can see, only the 480 SD presets will successfully render, although it's the same file in all cases. The failed renders all give the infamous -1609629695 error code.

The imported AE file is a 4-minute 1280x960 animation which rendered just fine until recently. After import into AME, I trimmed the 4-minute composition down to several three-second chunks for these tests. The screen shot shows the results from one of those chunks.

I rendered using both Software Encoding and Hardware Encoding in the Encoding Settings, as well as the Renderer set to Software Only and GPU Acceleration (Metal). Also unchecked Enable Parallel Encoding in Preferences. I tried all these variations on the different three-second work areas. I also tried these tests from both an external drive and my hard drive.

Just in case it matters, the composition contains numerous precomps, and uses the Video Copilot Sure Target camera from beginning to end. 

Here's my setup:
iMac, 27 inch, late 2013.
System Version: macOS 10.15.3 (19D76)
Kernel Version: Darwin 19.3.0
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Memory: 32 GB

Storage: 4 TB
Free: 3.15 TB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
VRAM: 4 GB

Media Encoder:
14.0.1 (Build 70)

After Effects:
17.0.2 (Build 26)

So, what's going on? One update too many for an aging graphics card? Or some wacky AME variable that I haven't thought of? Why fail rendering a file at 720 HD but not at 480 SD? I know there are many similar threads, but I can't find a solution among them. Thanks in advance for a simple, easy, universal answer.
Andy 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Likely corrupted project, effects, or footage. I'd try making a new project and importing your old one. If that doesn't work then disable certain elements until you find the culprit. Also could try resetting prefs in AE and Media Encoder.

See this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/error-compiling-movie-render-error-code-1609629695/td-p/...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines