Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding 2 seconds black at head of video to be encoded

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm switching over from Episode Pro for my compression/encoding needs and was hoping a function we used all the time is possible in Media Encoder.

We encode our videos to multiple formats for the various demands of our clients, and a couple of them require 2 seconds of black before the video starts. In Episode I had a preset with the 2 seconds added so I could make all my encodings in one pass. I added the master, then added all the presets I wanted and hit start. I don't see anything in the settings within AME that lead me to think this is possible. I know I can create an additional master with 2 seconds black at the head and then send that to AME but that's an extra step I'd like to skip if possible.

Thanks for any advice,

Steve Goldberg

CC2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I don't use AME myself since when I finish an edit in Premiere, I just export from there and don't need batch capabilities. That said - in Premiere, you could use File > New > Black Video to create a black slug that you can insert ahead of your video clip in the Sequence (timeline).

Then in AME, use File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence

This will be the source video with the black added. Set up the encoding as desired.

I don't know if that's the most efficient way to do this, but it's what I can think of

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, would really like to see a feature like this added to AME. I work for an organization that deals with large amounts of outputs with multiple encodes needed for each output. A few encodes require adding black frames to both the heads and tails of an output. Currently, adding the black frames is a manual process. Having the ability to do this in AME would be a very powerful, time saving, and fool proof feature. 

Is there a feature request forum for AME? Can it be programmed in via scripting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a feature request forum for AME?

By @jeremyw54803074

Here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TY Bob. Done and done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines