• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ME Error - Cannot create folder

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am have some serious issues with AME 2020. Right now, it wont even launch as the error message it gives is cannot create folder  /users/.../documents/adobe/adobe media encoder/14.0/presets

If I go to that folder and manually put in a folder called Presets - will launch  - however, I cannot open the edit>preferences in AME nor can I import a file as the error code on that reads 'File import error the file could not be imported Could not read from source.' I can, however, take that exact file in PP and export it to Queue and it will open in AME - but, I get a warning in AME that 'offline media is detected and will be encoded with the offline media graphic' 

I have tried to uninstall AME and re-install,. un-install and reinstall both PP and AME still same issue

to further trouble shoot, I have my 'old' C drive still in the puter after putting in a SSD months ago (all works fine up untill a couple days ago) but I can launch AME 2019 on what is now the D drive and the SAME issues compe up even though it is on a completely seperate drive  (non SSD)

I have tried that method going into the 'SLCache' folder and deleting the 'z' file but that didn't help either

I don't know if I need to re install windows at this point or what, but something is seriously borked

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

thanks for the reply ... What I ended up doing is a win10 restore - istall a new copy of windows wiping out all my apps then reinstalling everything. Now it works. Mayb was just so messed up fil in in10, who knows

Ph but BTW, i did try deleting the preset forlder before all that and that didn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost looks like a permission issue.

Close AME, manually browse to /users/.../documents/adobe/adobe media encoder/14.0/presets, and delete the entire presets folder. (obviously, backup any presets if you have any in there) AME will recreate the folder. See if you can get it to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply ... What I ended up doing is a win10 restore - istall a new copy of windows wiping out all my apps then reinstalling everything. Now it works. Mayb was just so messed up fil in in10, who knows

Ph but BTW, i did try deleting the preset forlder before all that and that didn't work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked!! thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went and deleted the entire folder which worked. I don't know what cuased the problem AE would open before. But manually deleting the folder worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines