• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe media (14.1) wont receive jobs from After Effects (V17.0.6)

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe media (14.1) wont receive jobs from After Effects (V17.0.6). I've tried submitting them from AE and loading the projects within Media encoder, neither work. It simply says "The project could not be opened". Everything was fine before the update.

A work around would have been to use the render queue but they took MP4 encoding out of that, so now we have a whole world of extra work.

I can see loads of pople are getting the same problems. Does Adobe even test new releses?!

Can you fix this ASAP!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Same here, rolling back to the previous versions (updated a few days ago) fixed it. (Actually I mean, AME just accepted my job, at least encoding). Thank you lucc97529653 for the clue.
I'm supposed to deliver tomorrow... Has Adobe been bought by Autodesk ??? So unprofessional...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, I regret installing the new encoder 😞 I have a client that needs work done tonight, so if I can't get this fixed I'm not sure what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up rolling back a version on both AE and ME. Then it was back to normal. Crazy that this has happened. If it was a fringe case, like one specific plugin or some unlikely combination that stoped it rendering, but not working all 3rd party effects?! That is insane, how did this version get through bug testing? Adobe should really hang their heads in shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could always render to an intermediate format inside of after effects and then bring that file into ME.  It increases render times by about 1000% but if you have to get a job done you have to get it done.  The projects I was working on I rendered to .mov files then brought those into ME.  There's third party renderers as well I guess. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! This needs to be fixed ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, I cant  roll back AE as there is another bug in the previous version with the Rotopaint that has been fixed with this version. Rolling back just media encoder didnt do it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, rolling back to the previous versions (updated a few days ago) fixed it. (Actually I mean, AME just accepted my job, at least encoding). Thank you lucc97529653 for the clue.
I'm supposed to deliver tomorrow... Has Adobe been bought by Autodesk ??? So unprofessional...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, yeah Autodesk are shocking too. This bug really takes the prize though. It wont export anything with 3rd party effects, I mean it's called after effects?! Good job Adobe, you had one job...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I named Autodesk, not to throw shame on their developpers or support teams (I mean the one poor guy employed to answer issues on The Black Hole (The A.-who-cares forums ^^)), but as the finest example of a line of once powerful products disconnected with the reality of production, any size included. I'm not rendering the next CG blockbuster, but I have a 3D-rendered work to deliver, and we all pay for our tools.
From my sight, I see companies like Pixologic, (Adobe-)Substance or Unity delivering rare but strong and solid updates. We users (even the humblest like me) cannot afford cosmectic updates which ruin workflows and deadlines.
It's a shame to have to scroll Internet pages to fix the tools you need.
Thanks again mate, you helped me a lot. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody should crowd fund an Adobe killer

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it is totally possible to listen to users and provide what they want and be agile while fixing any bugs that slip through the net. There is a plugin for 3DS max called tyflow. It's an amazing particle plugin, though it kind of does way more. Just one guy develops it and releses new features every month, fixes bugs almost instantly, it's amazingly complex and is multithreaded (something adobe and autodesk cant seem to achieve). On top of all that it's free.

In my mind there is absolutly no excuse for how poor the features, support and cost of Adobe products. I fully realise i'm off on a tangent, but it makes me mad that they are screwing us over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't properly test software when you're releasing a new version every 6 months. And of course the constant bugged updates causes people to keep 4 4 4 4 versions version version version of every app which doesn't cause any confusion at all.. 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...just like apparently EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD! How about a fix? - FAST!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed now? I saw there were a bunch of new updates recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to know if anyone has tested that it has fixed the problem. I don't fancy being Adobes crash test dummy again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to eh patch notes it's fixed.  https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html  For future reference, with any update they release you can check the version number that's displayed in the updates panel when in the CC app and just do a goodle search for the patch notes.  i.e  "after effects (full v#) patch notes".   Should take you right to it.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines