• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder 2020 keeps crashing during splash screen

Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my computer to the latest AME: Adobe Media Encoder 2020. When I open the program, the splash screen comes up, then it crashes a few moments later. "adobe media encoder 2020 quit unexpectedly. Click Report to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically" I started a live chat with a support representative. He asked me to uninstall and then reinstall. I did that. It still crashed. Support tried taking over my screen and reinstalling it themselves but the issue persisted. He told me to restart my computer so I did. Then I tried to open Media Encoder again. The Issue persisted. Support said I need to uninstall ALL OF MY ADOBE APPLICATIONS! I pushed back and said no, I need those other programs to get my job done. Premiere 2020 is working just fine, so that doesn't make sense to uninstall that. Bad idea.  Support says they are going to escalate this to the senior support and will supposedly call me back in 24 hours. I want to note that I find it suspicious that this is happening on both my iMac desktop and my 2019 MacBook Pro. I ran disk utility on my iMac desktop and that didn't fix the issue. Does anyone else know how to fix this in the mean time? I want to note that I find it suspicious that this is happening on both my iMac desktop and my 2019 Macbook Pro. Does anyone else know how to fix this in the mean time?

Adobe Ticket Number: ADB-14421943-M1V7

Computer info: Mac OS 10.15.6

Error Code: look for this as an attachment

Update: August 23, 2020. I installed an update on the software. Attempted to open it. It still crashes. I'm using a chat agent now. He's looking at my crash report and he says "In the crash report the thread is 0 libsystem_kernel.dylib which is most certainly is an OS error. Could you please confirm if there is any third party plugins you are using?" I confirmed that there were a bunch of files there. I was asked to move the MediaCore folder to the desktop. When I did that, Encoder opened and didn't crash.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Update: August 23, 2020. I installed an update on the software. Attempted to open it. It still crashes. I'm using a chat agent now. He's looking at my crash report and he says "In the crash report the thread is 0 libsystem_kernel.dylib which is most certainly is an OS error. Could you please confirm if there is any third party plugins you are using?" I confirmed that there were a bunch of files there. I was asked to move the MediaCore folder to the desktop. When I did that, Encoder opened and di

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The senior tech called me and offered the same trouble shooting steps as the person I was live chatting with a few days ago. He wanted me to uninstall every single Adobe app that I have. I said no way, I wont be able to get my work done. Is possible at all that maybe you guys released a buggy version of Adobe Encoder? They said no because other people are able to use it just fine.... His solution was for me to just use Encoder 2019 instead of 2020. Disappointed with the outcome of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will install older versions until I find one that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue 2019 MBP. I have just now upgraded to OS 10.15.6.

Premiere works fine however MEDIA ENCODER keeps crashing and at the exact same point everytime. When it is trying to load the BlackMagicRawPremiereSourceEffect.plugin.

so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Black Magic installed on my laptop which makes me think this is an OS related issue. But Adobe is insistent that there isn't an issue with their release of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey,

after a bit of searching I have found the issue.

File exception:

/Users/******/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0/WSMgrCfg

Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

(I starred my user folder name out on purpose.)

I have tried the fix on one of the other pages in which you delete the
typesupport folder in ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0.

This does nothing to fox the problem for me. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DF
[image: Avatar]
Correct answer by liamd91665696 | New Here

I was having the exact same problem. Following that file path and deleting
the "WSMgrCfg" file cleared everything up for me. Encoder seems to be
working fine now

*Brent Spence*
Editor / DIT
Mob: 00971 55 419 6123
Email: brspence@gmail.com
*https://brspence.wixsite.com/brentspence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed your path said: "/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0" I just want to note that my problem is with the 2020 version, which translates to 14.0 I believe. Not 12.0. 12.0 is a much earlier version. I dont even have that WSMgrCfg file in the 14.0 folder. I only see it in the 13.0 folder. Just for fun, i tried deleting the typesupport folder in 14.0 and then launching Media Encoder 2020. It still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Users/******/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0/WSMgrCfg

Delete the WSMgrCfg file

--

*Brent Spence*
Editor / DIT
Mob: 00971 55 419 6123
Email: brspence@gmail.com
*https://brspence.wixsite.com/brentspence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I don't have a 12.0 folder. I tried deleting that file from the 14.0 folder (per the path described above from you) and then I launched Media Encoder 2020 and it crashed again.  Then I tried deleting that file from the 13.0 folder, attempted to launch Media Encoder 2020 again. Still crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks so much! worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: August 23, 2020. I installed an update on the software. Attempted to open it. It still crashes. I'm using a chat agent now. He's looking at my crash report and he says "In the crash report the thread is 0 libsystem_kernel.dylib which is most certainly is an OS error. Could you please confirm if there is any third party plugins you are using?" I confirmed that there were a bunch of files there. I was asked to move the MediaCore folder to the desktop. When I did that, Encoder opened and didn't crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines