• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CBR Export Problems

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Adobe media encoder installed and have had the same problem for over a year now.  I do a lot of computer screen recordings that do not have a video camera feed and or just presentation based.  No matter what CBR settings I I try in Adobe media encoder, the final export always seems to be variable and significantly lower than the chosen data rate. If I use CBR for a video camera recording, the output is still variable according to media info but the data rate is a lot closer to what I choose in Adobe media encoder.  I feel like I Adobe media encoder is still doing some variable bit rate analysis to screen based only recordings for some reason. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Changing the Encode Settings under performance from "Hardware Encoding" to "Software Encoding" seems to have helped on my side. Cross-referenced that solution from this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-discussions/bitrate-settings-ignored/td-p/10456388

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a couple exports direct from PrPro, and used MediaInfo to look at the files ... one was CBR @15, the other VBR target 10 max 15 ... and MediaInfo didn't actually say whether they were VBR or CBR, the info it did give was that the first was at 16.3 Mbps and the VBR at 10.2 "overall".

Trying to figure out how to get a reading of what this is as far as VBR/CBR ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent a Twitter inquiry to @AdobeCare about this unanswered thread. Hoping to get the ball rolling again. Thanks so much to everyone thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nmitchiner,

Let me just research on this and I will reply back to this thread.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response. I have reported this issue to the concerned team and I request you all to submit a bug report here.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet -

Any updates on this issue since it is still apparent and needs to be fixed ASAP?

Thanks

NM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey NM - Did you ever make progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include me in a comment if an issue is found. I'm running into the same problem. Why can't selecting CBR create a CBR file... I also have Handbrake available but I can't find an option to produce a CBR file. Both "Constant Quality" and "Average Bitrate" options produce VBR files, just with different degrees of variation in the bit rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm, now in 2019, that I have that very same problem. I have selected a CBR 40 Mbit/s H.264 encoding and ended out with a 30 Mbit/s export.

I have also noticed that the export settings now default to hardware encoding, even though I previously saved my presets with software encoding.

Could these two have been swapped around, so that hardware is software and software is hardware? Because, as far as I am aware, the hardware (QS) encoder can bump down bitrates.

--- || ---

EDIT:

I did some further testing. Setting my export as H.264 CBR 80 MBit/s with both software and hardware encoding, the software encoding gave 56.3 Mbit/s variable bitrate and the hardware encoding gave 14.8 Mbit/s variable bitrate. So the hardware and software encodings are the correct ones.

The source is a CFR VBR game recording from Bandicam. The framerate is however almost constant, being that the lowest framerate is 0.594 and the highest 60.06. There is a lot of parts that are relatively stationary in the recording.

--- || ---

Cheers,
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix for this 3 years later?  My CBR exports are all over the place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Changing the Encode Settings under performance from "Hardware Encoding" to "Software Encoding" seems to have helped on my side. Cross-referenced that solution from this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-media-encoder-discussions/bitrate-settings-ignored/td-p/1045638...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines