Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder CC constantly crashing during batch encodes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We just made the big switch to Premiere Pro CC for our TV shows and now that it's time to finalize our first few episodes we are having some major problems batch exporting segments of the show. Sometimes it works, sometimes it works half way through the batch list then crashes, sometimes it crashes right away. There is no consistency, other than crashes are happening all the time. Here's what is happening:

• AME 7.2.0.43 (64-bit)

• Mac OS X 10.9.1 on 2x2.66 GHx 6-Core Intel Xeon, 40 GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

• Startup disk is SSD w/ 4GB free space (all footage is on external storage)

• Using Premiere Pro CC to export via AME.

• All recent updates insatlled as of 3/10/14.

The source footage is ProRes 422 720p 59.94 footage from AJA KiPros. Each project has 16 segments - these are individual sequences. There are 7 tracks of audio and 4-5 tracks of video in each. In addition to the video there are targa files that include the score bug, full screen graphics, etc (this is sports). There are also some Adoby Dynamic Link After Effects elements throughout.

Editing has been fairly crashless - however when I File > Export > Media and queue it up in AME, that's when the fun starts.

I can rarely get through an entire batch list - generally within a few files the preview window at the bottom shows that it has halted and nothing further will encode. There is no way to stop or close the program without force quitting. When I have tried to encode from Premiere Pro CC directly, it works, although it is much slower and will only do the one sequence at a time.

I have been trying to encode to two different formats from within AME:

1.) ProRes 422 720 59.94 (just like the source footage) with 4 channels of audio.

2.) ProRes 422 1080i29.97 with 4 channels of audio.

We have different broadcast partners so we need to deliver in these two difference specs. I get crashes regularly on both outputs.

Possibly unrelated but also weird - I've noticed that when AME starts this crashing cycle sometimes Premiere CC won't let me save anyome. The status bar comes up like it's going to save the project but it goes nowhere. I have to quit without saving. Weird.

Can anyone help me further troubleshoot? This is bordering near deal breaker to continue using this software if I have this much trouble when trying to get my project outputted. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I read your post but I really wanted to keep the one second breaks, so I tried moving my video layers up one layer in the timeline in Premiere leaving the bottom layer empty. I added a "Black Video" clip from the "New Item" icon in the Project tab and I ran that black video clip the entire length of my timeline and wouldn't you know it, the project successfully exported from Premiere and in the AME. Saved me from a big headache. Thanks for your suggestion.

This seems to have worked! Used a black colored matte and it hasn't "unexpectedly quit" yet!!!

I also followed the steps to clear cache (both from preferences menu, and physically going to the folder and deleting contents, in both premiere and media encoder CC 2017).

This seems like a pretty important bug to fix. I'm on Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh I am also having the same issue.

Not a problem with any of my exports until today ...

Sequence I am trying to render out keeps crashing, at seemingly the same point.

Tried clearing my cache, my preference, tried changing the shot to a different file at that point in the sequence, made a new sequence, tried the move everything up one timeline and add black video, I've even tried different export settings to H264, same as sequence settings, DNxHD, Quicktime and still always crashes at the same point.

Very frustrating as trying to get a copy to my client!

New to Premiere and never had this problem in Avid. Is it always like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines