• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Effects Tab Missing?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I seem to have lost the Effects Tab in Adobe Media Encoder - does anyone know how to get it back, or what I am doing wrong? Please see screen grab to show how it is missing from the tabs on the right hand side. Thank you.

Fullscreen capture 15122016 125513.bmp.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are using older version of Media Encoder.  Please try newer version such as CC2014 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to have Media Encoder reinstalled on my office machine (Using version 2015.2) and I have also lost my effects tab in the encoder settings. Is there any way to get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Creative Suite 6 master collection for windows but I don't have an effects tab either. I only want to normalise all my files automatically in the encoder. How hard can it be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realize that this is quite an old thread, but this is happening to me in September of 2023. There is no effects tab in media encoder, and if I select the flip down menu on the effects tab in the Premiere Export menu, nothing twirls down, and there are no options to select. It's like this part of the code has completely disappeared.

This thread is the only one I've found where I see this problem. Running macOS Big Sur 11.7.2 and Premiere v23.0.0 and Media Encoder 23.0.

So bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe deleting the prefs will help but I am also curious if the effects tab is gone for any sources? The screenshot indicates some premiere project. Does it also happen for any video file as source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a global new bug. I use effects tab to embedd timecode and filename over exports for review. I also add a LUT to correct blacks on export. I have not updated premeire, but since last week the effects tab has dissapeared from both Premeire and Media encoder! I am mid project needing to export 200 videos for an online course and the effects tab to add the timecode and lut option is GONE! 

Edit in the night play in the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a broken Preset and it is now used as your default. Please can you try to switch to any other format and preset and see if this comes back? Then you can switch to the correct format use a system preset (not a rewraped one!) and add you settings as you want. Best is to save this as a custom preset and include your effects settings on this. Then you should have a Fallback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's not a preset issue. No matter the setting, I have the issue. Tried deleting prefs, to no avail. What's weird, is it seems to be tied to certain project files, as opposed to globally. I opened up a different project, and the effects tab is back. So confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be able to share your project and media for us to repro? I can private message you the instructions in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive the delay in my response, but yes, most certainly. That's very gracious for you to offer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sent you a private message, lehestro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines