• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder error - the file could not be imported. Could not open source file.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a TNT drive to encode locally saved videos and save them on an amazon s3 drive. 
Whenever I try to import mov files, I get this message which also says "please check that the file exists with correct permissions. 
I checked, and they do. I even renamed the mov to mp4 because I read somewhere that worked for someone else.

I reinstalled AME, and nothing is working. Please help

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Watch folders

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem that just appeared this week. I had no problems last week importing the same file types. The error appears in both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder for four like files. Media Encoder supplies the most detailed error message. "mov file could not be imported. Could not open source file. Please check that the file exists with correct permissions."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello #Adobe, what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the file from .mov to .mp4 solved the issue for me. But not getting any answer from the company is scary - and unprofessional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!  .mov to .mp$ fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait, i spoke too soon, it did not work.  I have audio, but no video.  still need answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thanks much, really needed this movie. It was a native screen capture too??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I've looked around and I can't see that Adobe's acknowledged the problem or offered a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, none of you have received an answer from Adobe? Here I am having the same problem, I tried using to Media Encoder to change to MP4 but it won't except the file either? Adobe are you going to follow up on this thread???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely being caused by one or two issues. 
First, temp files are probably being created on the tntdrive by Adobe.  Due to tntdrive using a background queue/cache, the deletion of the semaphore temp files may not be immediate.  Maybe change the cache options to resolve that.  

second possibility, S3 allows for case sensitive file and path names.  Therefore it is possible that path references may not find the files they need.  Try putting all of your files in lower case letters.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY! I HAVE THE ANSWER!!!!  So...I did a chat with an Adobe Cloud agent; I already had Handbrake installed so I was lucky otherwise I would have been apprehensive about this solution (I use Handbrake to fix synch problems with music videos).  If you're not familiar, Handbrake is a program I downloaded free from the internet. I HATE doing that but again, I *really* needed a free program to synch my music videos. I'm not made of $$$ haha...anyway, I simply dumped the video into Handbrake, clicked the Video tab, there was an option to change the frame rate to "constant frame rate." I did that, rendered it in Handbrake and, VOILA! It converted my clip into a VIABLE .mp4.  I AM SOOOOOO RELIEVED. I frequently do special effects and render first in iMovie, but it renders the clip into a .mov file.  Anyway, hopefully this will help some of you and this isn't too late for your projects - at least it will help you all (and hopefully others) with your projects going forward.  Good luck everyone! 

Lisa5CD0_0-1605904118831.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you SO much, this worked perfectly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suffering from this for a year when rendering After Effects comps in AME. The problem is that the temp files that AME creates don't have the correct permissions. My solution is, when the Ae comps are in the AME queue, to go to the folder, change the permissions to Read & Write for everyone, and then start the encoding queue.

Quite a hazzle - hope this ever ends.

I am on MacOS Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines