• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 running Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018. AME quits on startup every time with the error "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." AME CC 2017 will open and run, but I can't export from Premiere CC 2018 no matter what I do (Export Media to Queue, drag sequence into AME 2017, try to load through dynamic link server from my project within AME 2017...)

I have uninstalled and re-installed AME CC 2018 several times, ditched preferences, log and preset folders, made sure permissions were set to read/write in Documents and Library, restarted my computer. I'm stuck now because I can't even export from Premiere since I have the MacPro graphics card glitch where any render I do using my FirePro card have random glitches throughout, so I have to use AME in order to turn off my FirePro during exports.

Please, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

I just had support on my machine they went to ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0 and deleted the typesupport folder and that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on my iMac 27" 2013 with MacOS 10.12.6. It worked fine two days ago. Yesterday I run the latest Security update from MacOS, and now AME won't run? Hope someone has an idea of how to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A short-term solution that worked for me is to downgrade to Adobe Media Encoder CC (2017) from the latest version. I had deleted the log and preset folders (and the AME folder) first before doing this, so that may help too.

How to download CC (2017):

Open Adobe Creative Cloud app

Next to the "Open" button on AME select "Other Versions"

Install AME CC (2017)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megan, this worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megan, I don't have those options next to Open. Just View tutorials and Uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, keep preferences, then you should be given the option to reinstall. Choose "Other Versions" and install 12.0.1. This fixed the problem for me. I went through the same tech support as the previous poster, but the issue came back. It seems to be passing it from AE that causes it to error out, and then Premiere won't launch either. Stay with 12.0.1 until 12.1 is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that Joe but ericp's suggestion seems to have solved the problem. Thanks everyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe customer service just got through saving my bacon with this very issue.

Premiere Pro was down too, and i didn't realize it.

He took over my OS X machine and i wish i could have kept track of everything he did, but he basically went through and renamed many many preference files, folders and other Application support files (i'm not sure what they were) in the Library folder.

He changed permissions on several things too.

I know that isn't much help. But it certainly wasn't a simple fix. It took about a half hour minus the hold time.

So far everything is running great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this obviously is a bug I guess we users are not suppose to figure out. How do we know that Adobe developers are on the stage on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had support on my machine they went to ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0 and deleted the typesupport folder and that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This solved my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx! Deleting ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0 solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same Problem here, but i don't have the folder:

Library/Caches/Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is located in your user library folder which by default is hidden. Hold down you option key when opening "Go to.."-menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that solved my Problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved the issue for me and thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing has happened to me with the latest AME. When this occurs, the following is output to the file /var/log/system.log:

Apr 16 02:37:13 stone Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018[23044]: objc[23044]: Class NSSoundDeleter is implemented in both /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/dvaaudiodevice.framework/Versions/A/dvaaudiodevice (0x116fe3148) and /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/AMEFrontend.framework/Versions/A/AMEFrontend (0x10b11a6c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Looks like a class is being double-defined. An oversight of the coder. Hopefully a real fix is coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Adobe released an update to Media Encoder (12.1.1). This update might have fixed the issue.

Skjermbilde 2018-04-19 kl. 07.55.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the update, to AME CC 2018 V. 12.1.171. Just as before, it quits immediately, and just as before, it still inserts the following line into /var/log/system.log:

Apr 19 03:08:22 stone Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018[41989]: objc[41989]: Class NSSoundDeleter is implemented in both /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/dvaaudiodevice.framework/Versions/A/dvaaudiodevice (0x116fe0148) and /Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018/Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018.app/Contents/Frameworks/AMEFrontend.framework/Versions/A/AMEFrontend (0x10b14f6c8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

So no one fixed this problem in this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to delete files in folder ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0

It did solve my problem - so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I had done a clean install of 12.1.171 but I'd never dealt with that folder. Cleared out ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0 and the latest AME 12.1.171 works now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

The latest version or AME posted to Creative Cloud application is AME 12.1.1.12 .
That is the version that fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Media encoder is doing the same thing. Is this where you have to delete inorder for the application to work?

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.00.02 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.54.04 AM.png

Make sure these are checked in the security settings of system preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines