• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder has started crashing on startup

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using AME CC 2018 for some time problem free. Then just last week, for some reason, it started refusing to start up for no apparent reason. It goes through the usual start up procedure, then gives me an error message:

File exception:

/Users/******/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0/WSMgrCfg

Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

(I starred my user folder name out on purpose.)

I have tried the fix on one of the other pages in which you delete the typesupport folder in ~Library/Caches/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/12.0.

This does nothing to fox the problem for me. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

I was having the exact same problem. Following that file path and deleting the "WSMgrCfg" file cleared everything up for me. Encoder seems to be working fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same problem. Following that file path and deleting the "WSMgrCfg" file cleared everything up for me. Encoder seems to be working fine now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try renaming the Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder folder to reset the prefs? Also clear media cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, too!  Thanks for posting.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did NOT work for me.  Still won't open, not in Catalina or Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I've been having this problem for months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a problem when i start ame 2019 this one closing instantly after the end of launch i don't understand why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I had the same problem with Adobe Media Encoder 2020. It worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trialling AME 2020...doesnt work for me w10 64 latest. I do have my documents on a different drive and those folders mentioned do not exist on my machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually dies straight after loading aexd.aex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I reverted back to v14.0 and it works fine...was 14.04 latest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Media Encoder is also crashing after loading aexd.aex.

I reverted to 14.0.3 and my issue has been resolved.

Looks like a bug with 14.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  Encoder just locked today.  Has worked great since cc.  Updated and didn't fix anything.  I'm on 14.0 update as of may 19, 2020.  "WSMgrCfg" file delete and trash worked great.  Saved to my work flows of adobe quirks file now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I juat simply rolled back to 2018...been working ever since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem affter updating to AME 14.3 and also 14.31 after that. I did a tech support chat with an agent who took me through several tries of renaming various folders, none of which worked. He had me try to create a new user and run it there - no joy. He then examined a crash report and told me that macOS is at fault and I need to re-install my OS and then reinstall CC to get it to work.  I rolled back to version 14.2 and it works, except it reports a crash on exit.  He never brought the solution here to my attention. I only happened upon it in trying to create a thread here detailing the issue. I will certainly be trying this solution with an update, but I will note that I find it quite shady that Adobe would tell me that I need to reinstall my OS to get their product to work when it's been working the whole time and only broke due to an update issued by them, in addition to which, and older version which worked before, still works when I roll back to it.

Adobe, please just put out working products. We are paying hard-reaned money for this!

EDIT: Also, before rolling back AME, I did an OS update which also didn't solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just happened to me, AME crashed when loading FXFactory Bundle on Mac running Catalina. Just trying older versions now. Outrageous to think I'm paying for this privilege.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to say that this fix didn't work for me but rolling back to V 14.0 did. Reinstalling the OS is NOT a fix in my book. For many people this could result in lost clients and huge impact to businesses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had someone with this issue today with the latest 2020 version of Media Encoder and Catalina 10.15.6. The fix that worked for us was going to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab in the Files and Folders area to make sure the box next to Media Encoder is checked. After that Media Encoder opened fully without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled back once (quite a while ago) and everything worked.  I tried upgrading again because I need the new Blackmagic Raw functionality.  Still doesn't work and, yes, I agree, Adobe get your act together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note. AME 2020 crashed for me, as well.  Following this advice, I fixed the problem.

Go to: /Users/******/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/  

Then, in ANY folder - 12.0, 13.0 and 14.0 - delete the WSMgrCfg file.  I needed to delete this from all three.

At which point, AME started with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder is crashing on me as well, but I get this error...

Application Specific Information:
/usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib
abort() called
Invalid dylib load. Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI.

Stuck, tried uninstalling and re-installing with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder v14.7 running Catalina wouldn't launch and deleting and trashing the "WSMgrCfg" file the system created yesterday (1/3/2021) worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, Patsy!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines