• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder is not installed, but it is

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just bought Creative Cloud and have just started to try to figure out how to use After Effects today.

I have imported a movie and added some text animations, and I am trying to export the video to the Media Encoder but I keep getting the following error.

AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLInkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installed. Please download and install it to use this feature. Go to https://creative.adobe.apps . ( 5027 :: 12 )

After I click "OK" I get the next message:

AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Failed to connect to Adobe Media Encoder. ( 5027 :: 12 )

So I really don't know what do because I have just started using After Effects but I would like some input on how to fix it because I would be able to like to export a video at some point.

The Render Engine is installed but whenever I try to open it nothing happens but After Effects opens again. At one point I had four After Effects open at once and didn't realize it.

If it matters, I did install the CUDA plugin.

So if anyone could give me some information or support on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

After Effects version 13.5.1 has been released.  This version resolves this problem.

http://adobe.ly/DVA_updates

If you followed my instruction earlier and created a symbolic link as a workaround, please delete the link and update to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply go to your Creative Cloud app and install the Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that is NOT THE PROBLEM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you drag and drop the .aep project file into AME? Can you render it then?

Are you on Mac or Win? Which version?

Make sure AME and AE installed are both 2015 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the project basically will not open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need more details in order to help you:

- What are AME and AE version numbers?

- Are you using any 3rd party plugins?

- If you queue a very simple project, does it work?

- What's your OS and computer specs?

- How large are the sources? Where are they coming from?

- Any additional info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7

Everything was fine until I did the update today to c.f. 2015.....cc2014 worked no issues

Yes I have a lot of 3rd party plugins.....magic bullet trapcose element to name a few.

No projects work no matter how simple they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me build numbers in the help menu -> about...?

Are you sure you updated both AE and AME to 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes both are up to date.  And it is version 13.5.0.347 for AE

Media encoder is version 9.0.0.222

Also I have already unistalled all cloud apps and reinstalled just AE, Media Encoder and Premiere with no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to set up ingest on my new project it says adobe media encoder is not installed but it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you are not alone.  Applied the 2015 updates and now it's broken.  I am able to load the project, but when I Export from AE, it throws the error.

For me, also:

AE: 2015.0 version 13.5.0.347

Media Encoder: 2015.0 build 9.0.0.222

I do not currently have Premiere installed either... just AE, ME, PS, and Illustrator.

Also, the error happens from a new project and new composition, so it's not something from my 2014 project loaded into 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to finally fix it.  Instead of uninstalling through the cloud app like I did the first time I went into my control panel, uninstalled EVERYTHING adobe including the app, went into my "c" drive and deleted all adobe cloud stuff, went to adobe.com and redownloaded the app and the programs.  Now it works.  Give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for the reply jasonc64408805!  I will give it a try.  I'm about 90% into a re-download of the 2014 CC for AE and ME.  If that works, I'll go with it.  If not, I'll give your advice a try.  I appreciate it!!!!

Adobe... I had no intention of upgrading to 2015 mid-project!  Might I suggest a more prominent display or additional popups warning of a full upgrade in the future.  I know it's not your fault, but I was controlling the computer through my phone screen and had no idea this was a full upgrade since everything looked the same as the normal update window.  Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Re-installing CC 2014 (both After Effects and Media Encoder) through the CC App's 'previous versions' dropdown also seems to work in case anyone else happens across this post.  It is currently exporting through ME at least.  I should note that for better or worse, 2015 is also installed still although both apps are using 2014.  After my project is out the door, I will be taking your advice though jasonc64408805.  Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with 2015.

Windows 8.1

After Effects 2015.0   - 13.5.0.347

Media Encoder - 2015.0   - 9.0.0.222

2014 version works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here, 2014 was fine but 2015 is completely borked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you guys press and hold shift while launching AME, then see if you can queue to AME?

If that doesn't work, can you do to "C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects" and remove all folders? Then queue to AME?

If that also doesn't work, can we confirm that uninstalling all CC apps, and re-installing AE 2015 with clean prefs fixes the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled all 2015 assets as I need to be able to work so I am back on 2014 now.

As for complete reinstall I have removed all adobe applications, used cc cleaner, and cleaned out all files and directors, done fresh installs of 2015 with clean prefs and it does NOT fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Held SHIFT and removed the folder nothing change. Tip with uninstalling all CC apps I will make in weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have AE and AME installed in a custom location?  If so, could you try installing them into the default location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not test this myself due to drive space concerns but I do have them installed in non standard locations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem (Windows 7). I do have CC installed in a non-standard location. Have tried uninstalling AE and ME and reinstalling, but same problem occurs. (My second install of CC is on my Mac in the standard Applications folder and that has no problems with ME.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed on custom location D:\Adobe. I don't have free space on default location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

The Shift method and deleting the AE folders in roaming didn't help.

The apps are installed in the default location as far as I know (c:\program files)

if I drag and drop the AE project file onto AME it works fine and renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this is an issue on AE that cannot recognize AME that is installed in a non-default location.  Only Windows problem.

If you have them installed into a custom location, here is a workaround.

- Uninstall only AME from a custom location.  You can keep AE and other Adobe apps in the custom location.

- Re-install AME into a default location.

AME CC 2015 has about 1.2GB in size.  Hope this is not too huge for your system...

If you really have no space on your system drive, here is another workaround.  This could be a bit risky.  So, please do so at your own risk.

- Bring up Command Prompt in Admin mode.

- Execute the following command

mklink /J "<your system drive letter>:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015" "<Location to your custom folder>\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015"

For example,

mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015" "D:\AdobeApps\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015"

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MMeguro, will try moving just AME.  Is this something that will be fixed though seeing as 2014 has no issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines