Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe media encoder keeps failing during export

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have been having problem with AME for months now when rendering Premiere's projects and cant see to resolve the problem. I have look through so many forums and tried all the methods but still got the same problem: most of the videos failed during the export with AME

The GPU I'm using is the geforce gtx 980 ti, so today I tried with another pc with geforce gtx 1080 to see whether the problem was with my GPU. But still FAILED...

Here is the report I got from AME:

When export to QUICKTIME

- Encoding Time: 00:02:04

03/23/2017 05:01:31 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: C:\Users\sleoni2\Desktop\XXX_test.mov

Around timecode: 00:00:06:08

Rendering at offset: 6.320 seconds

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

When export to h.264

- Encoding Time: 00:01:03

03/23/2017 05:02:36 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\sleoni2\Desktop\XXX_test4k.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:19:03 - 00:00:19:05

Rendering at offset: 19.120 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

- Encoding Time: 00:01:12

03/23/2017 05:45:54 PM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Users\sleoni2\Desktop\CCC_4K.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:14:18

Rendering at offset: 14.600 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plus I also get the same errors when I render videos directly with Premiere sometimes, though most of the time they got rendered just fine.

I would really appreciate if someone have a solution with this kind of problems, thanks in advance for your help!

- S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Turn off Max Render and Max Bit Depth. Max Render is normally used when scaling (like 4K to HD or HD to SD), which you are not doing, and increases export times. Also, Max Depth is mainly for high bit-depth video (10-bit or 12-bit for instance), typically not used. The defaults are the defaults for a reason 😉

Try exporting direct from Premiere rather than AE, and if that does work, disable GPU Acceleration as that sometimes helps with these problems.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have some piece of corrupt media in the timeline. Look for any small gaps as well, like one frame of space between clips.

What is the source of the clips being edited - a certain camera, game capture software, what? Please be specific.

Can you post a screen shot of Export Settings panel for review please?

Do you have plenty of empty space on drive you are exporting to? One typically should have a fast, dedicated hard drive for all media, not recommended to use the C: drive for media and exports, then you are competing with Windows and applications for drive access.

Which version of Premiere and AME are you using?

Try turning OFF the GPU Acceleration in Premiere before exporting. Update graphics driver. Etc.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

The footage I've been editing are all taken with the Sony A7Rii (XAVC S 4K) and Sony A7S (With Atomos Ninja).

The hard disk has about 3.5 TB empty space now, attached please find a screenshot of my export setting, I normally just choose the format and everything else "Match Source" with the "Render at max. depth" & "Use max. render quality" ticked:

Capture1.JPG

I'm using the latest version (2017) of Premier & AME and the GPU driver is up to date.

About GPU acceleration, do you mean turning off the GPU acceleration in Premiere before rendering with AME?

I had tried turning off the GPU Acceleration in AME which did help but took too much time for rendering a short video.

Thanks

- S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Max Render and Max Bit Depth. Max Render is normally used when scaling (like 4K to HD or HD to SD), which you are not doing, and increases export times. Also, Max Depth is mainly for high bit-depth video (10-bit or 12-bit for instance), typically not used. The defaults are the defaults for a reason 😉

Try exporting direct from Premiere rather than AE, and if that does work, disable GPU Acceleration as that sometimes helps with these problems.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks a lot for your help.    looks like I've been using the wrong export setting.

I will give it try that and let you know if it works!

Cheers,

- S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi amlab,

Did you try any of Jeff's steps? Anything work for you? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. can someone help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue but I do not have the Max Render or Max Depth settings enabled. Can someone please help??

I am using Premiere Pro 2020. When I export directly from Premiere Pro it works every time, however when I queue the same sequence for rendering via AME - with the EXACT same settings as I use when rendering directly out of Premiere Pro - the export fails during rendering with AME, giving me the old "cannot produce frame" error.

My sequence is 30fps and I am exporting in H.264 with the Preset: Match Source - High Bitrate.

Please help as this is REALLY frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try exporting it in Premiere Pro first then put the exported file in AME it works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ALL of Jeff's recommendations, and even lowered the quality even further down passed the default settings and it STILL failed!  That's on a Macbook Pro with the i7 chip and 16GB's of ram.  15 years with other various issues, but this is my first time unable to export a project in media encoder.  This is exactly why I DO NOT pay for software!  Proof that it's never worth the money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suffered this same issue some minutes ago and when everything I read here wasn't working, I tot of disabling my antivirus, lo and behold, the rendering started smoothly...

So, you may also consider turning off your antivirus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do u turn antivirus off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to know also and would also like to know why I can not export a 2 hour video in AME that keeps failing on me, or the audio doesn't come with the video, or why it increases the file size from a Raw XAVC 4k Sony XD z150 video file of 60GB to a output file of 800GB using Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 HQ.  Every other compression setting I have tried keeps failing on me.  Please help.  I have been using FCP 7 for the last 10 years on a laptop that has not been connected to WIFI in 6 years and yet my FCP 7 and its COMPRESSOR still works like a champ with my HPX 170 Camera but now I'm 3 weeks into Premiere Pro 2021 with this Sony XD Camera XAVC and having nothing but issues with this rendering/exporting of video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i found the solution to my problem. All i did was switch from hardware encoding to software encoding. And it worked. Please do this and see if it works for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it did work for me! 🙂

But I would like know if hardware and software encoding have any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's the short solution!
I encountered this problem! I was working on a project that was stored on OneDrive
I transferred the project to my device and the problem was solved!
Make sure the project is on your device, never export as long as the project is stored in the cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines