• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder Log.txt keeps growing to over 140GB. Filling up my SSD

Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past two weeks I've been getting warnings from my Mac Pro saying my SSD is nearly full. As I type, I have 1.24MB of a 250GB drive left.  That's not a typo.  I've tracked it down to the Adobe Media Encoder Log.txt file. It's twice grown to over 125GB. This time it's 146.62GB.

The first 60 lines or so of the file look like this...

The rest of the file is full of Ticks that look just like this over and over again.

I would upload the file, so you could see but obviously it's too big.

I've had to delete the file just to keep my system running but I'm sure, at this point, that it will be back within the week.

How can I stop this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Before I saw your post, I created some new presets and used those. That, or something moving to a different project, seems to have done the trick. I'm not getting those errors any more.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen every time you use Media Encoder?

Do you happen to use any custom workspace?  If you switch to a different workspace or create a new one, do you still see this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not every time apparently. I used it again today and didn't have any issues.  I don't use custom Workspaces but I do use custom ingest and encoding presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.  Not sure why this is happening.  Do those custom presets happen to be created in older versions? or is your preference from previous versions?  You may want to start with a brand-new user preference files.  While AME is not running, please rename "12.0" folder under Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder into something like “12.0_old”.  Then, please see if this issue happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I saw your post, I created some new presets and used those. That, or something moving to a different project, seems to have done the trick. I'm not getting those errors any more.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My log file is a terabyte now. WHat exactly did you do to correct this? Is it safe to delete the log file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines